𝘚𝘦𝘤𝘳𝘦𝘵𝘴

Start from the beginning

****

Bailey walked over to Derek. "You heard the chief is operating today?" She asked as she looked to him.

Derek nodded. "Uh-huh."

"Took my whipple and is having Meredith Grey do the pancreatic dissection ... A procedure that I performed for the first time Just last year. The chief's judgment ... Is not clear and rational," Bailey said.

Derek sighed and turned to her. "Miranda, there's nothing I can do," he told her.

Bailey shook her head. "You're the only one who can. I performed Intraperitoneal hyperthermic chemo this morning, And I kept looking up into the gallery To see if the chief was there. I mean, that was a big deal for me. Anyway, he wasn't there. And I don't know why I thought he would show, because the truth is ... He's gone. And he's been gone a long time."

****

Beth walked into Callie's room with Lexie. Beth smiled. "Might take your mind off your itching," she said.

Callie shook her head. "Scratching will take my mind off of itching. Take off my gauze paws."

Beth grinned. She was finding it hard though. "She said that you'd say that, and that I should say no. So how about we start with the tibial plateau fracture, Room 22-40?" She said.

"Hey. Hey. I'm an attending. You're a resident. As your superior, I'm ordering you to take them off," Callie said.

"She said that you would say that, too. And technically, I'm on her service today, so she's my boss, not you. We have the lisfranc fracture, room 22-11."

"Please let me scratch, Just for five minutes, just for-."

Lexie looked go get. "No. It'll scar."

"I don't care. I don't care. Scars are hot. Scars are badass. Scars are poetic. I'm begging you, little Shepherd," Callie bagged.

Beth shook her head. "No, and please don't call me little Shepherd. Mark called me that and I miss him. So don't," she said.

"I'm in pain ... "down to the core of my being" pain, "I'm going crazy" pain, "scary, will this ever go away" pain. Do ... do you get that? Do ... do ... do you know what I ... Do you know what I mean when I ... when I say that? Because this pain is "nd to scratch an itch That I ca ... I can't scratch," "the pain of a thousand itches," and it's making me crazy. Not "funny" crazy. This is "bad" crazy, okay? It's "dark" crazy. It's "make a suit out of someone else's skin" crazy, okay? Pain, little Shepherd. Pain."

Lexie looked up to them both. "I had sеx with Alex. I had sеx with Alex, which I regret, Okay, completely, because I am in love with someone else. I didn't think," she told them.

Callie and Beth both shared a look. "Why are you telling us this?" Callie asked.

"I am in pain, too, is what I am saying. I get your pain. Don't you e that? I do feel your pain because I am in pain, too."

Callie glared to Lexie. "I have pox between my butt cheeks. Your "pain" does not begin to compare to mine. Okay, out. Just out! Out! Out! Out! Out! Out!"

****

Grace and Beth were sitting away from the others. Bella needed to be anywhere away from Izzie Stevens.

"Beth. You good?" Grace asked as she took a bite of her sandwich.

Beth nodded. "Lexie told me she slept with Alex. And all I can think about is Mark in LA with Addison. The last time they were alone, they had sex. And I know I broke up with him. I know that. But... I really miss him," she told her.