𝘚𝘦𝘤𝘳𝘦𝘵𝘴

Start from the beginning

Beth sighed. "What were Mer and Derek arguing about? She asked as she took a sip of water.

"Don't say anything. But the chief has a drinking problem. And Derek wants to report him," Grace told her.

Beth's eyes widened. "Oh wow. Derek is trying to dethrone the chief."

"Yeah. Come on. I'll go buy you coffee and breakfast before we go to the hospital," Grace told her.

****

Mark was in LA with Addison. She looked to him and frowned. "You're miserable. You're not miserable. You're having sex with Beth 98% of the time. You're not miserable," Addison said.

"She dumped me. Said she didn't want to be a mom to Sloan and the baby. So here we are," Mark told her.

Addison frowned. "You broke up? I thought you were happy. After all you've been through?" She asked.

Mark shook his head. "Not anymore. I love her. And I want to be with her. But I can't put her under the stress of raising Sloan's baby. It's not fair on her," he said.

"You and Beth. You always find your way back to each other. You're both meant to be. And I'm sure she's sitting in Grace Grey's house in your Yankee's sweater missing you," Addison told him.

Mark didn't know what to think. But he knew he missed Beth. And he wanted to get her back.

****

Derek walked into Webber's office. "There were no sterile supplies in the O.R. Last night," he said. He was trying to keep his promise to Grace and not report him but it was hard.

"I heard."

Derek shook his head and sighed. "Surgery came to a complete stop for a full hour."

Webber nodded. "Central supply and maintenance are understaffed, and the autoclaves have been breaking down. Now anything else?" He asked.

"Richard... I want to help."

"Look, I don't need your help, Derek. The sterilizers are up and running, so," Webber said.

Derek shook his head. "Not the hospital. You. You stopped operating. You're not teaching anybody but Meredith. I'm wondering if ... If you need some help. No shame in asking."

"You know that. You can help ... By doing your own job and letting me do mine. Anything else?" Webber said. Knowing he wanted Derek out of his hair.

"No. I'm done."

****

Arizona took Beth to Callie's patient room. Callie frowned as she looked to her. "Oh, little Shepherd? That's the world-class specialist you wanted me to see?" She asked.

Arizona smiled to Beth. She then turned to Callie. "Okay, little Shepherd has had the chickenpox vaccine. I snooped through your personnel file. I, on the other hand, have not, nor did I ever have them as a child," she told her.

Callie frowned. "You're a pediatrician. How have you never had the-."

Arizona shook her head and smiled. "No, I am a pediatric surgeon. I don't do little diseases on little people. I do big surgeries on little people," she said.

Callie rolled her eyes and sighed. "Oh, you know what? This is ridiculous. I'm going home."

"No, no, no. Hey, hey, hey, hey, hey, hey. You're not going anywhere. You're highly contagious right now. You leave this room, and you're gonna touch doorknobs and elevator buttons, and then you'll be the outbreak monkey. I'm going to kill you. I love you. Stop scratching, 'cause you're just gonna make it worse, and then you're gonna scar," Arizona said.