09 - Blood Bending

Yes that was what I was feeling at the moment, I was feeling something that I had searched for this whole fight but I didn't manage to find, Water!

'But how could such large amounts of water be inside the bear's body?And where did it come from?' I thought before quickly coming to a realization, my eyes widening, 'Wait don't tell me…'

It suddenly dawned on me, that wasn't water at all, it was Blood!.

And just on time the system notification came to affirm my suspicion.

[Water bending (Active) leveled up +1]

[Water bending reached Level 10, new sub bending ability unlocked]

[Incomplete Blood bending (Active) - Level 10: The ability to freely manipulate living beings blood like its water, takes 1 month to fully charge, can be used for 1 hour straight after activating it.]

[Sub bending abilities level is linked to the main bending power level and can't be leveled up on its own, the higher water bending level is the stronger blood bending will be.]

[As this is the first time blood bending is unlocked,  the user can use it for 1 hour without waiting a month for it to charge.]

Lines after lines of notifications flooded my vision, and the more I read the more excited I became.

Blood bending?

I expected something good like a major boost to my bending powers or even unlocking ice bending, but never I didn't even dream of unlocking blood bending. Not in a million years is this crazy. Maybe it runs in the family!? Katara also learned it in the show.

But I can only use it for the next hour, how convenient that's more than I need.

Not wasting anymore of my time I faced the bear, I could feel my energy draining really fast while holding down the bear and my almost empty fuel tank was running out. .

Looking at the shivering bear my eyes turned cold as I remembered everything that happened previously.

'This bear right here had almost killed me, a simple fucking bear, and I thought I could take on simple animals like these easily now that I can water bend, it appears I was still too arrogant.'

"Thank you." I said while looking at the frozen bear's eyes, mine still cold as ice, "You have given me a much needed wake up call."

He really did, I have survived this battle but I will never forget today's lesson for as long as I am alive, it will be my reminder to never get too arrogant and slack off.

Closing my eyes I slowly went through the motions that I do when I preform water bending.

Slowly I could feel the blood of the bear starting to respond to me and I started controlling it. I didn't care to be elegant or soft I pored every last beat of my frustration and helpless during the last battle into it wanting to inflict as much pain on the bear as I could.

Some might say that I was being cruel and unreasonable but so what? That's what i want to do and I'll do it.

Opening my eyes I could See the bear limbs and head twisting in impossible angles and the bear making loud grunting noises unable to even scream as the fear in his eyes reached unimaginable levels.

*Crack*

*Crack*

*Crack*

I don't know how many times I've heard that sound, the sound of every bine ib his body breaking and shattering bit by bit but if was satesdying so i just kept going, moving the blood in every direction i could imagine.

Finally with one last cracking sound, his neck snapped and he fell down unmoving on the ground, it was dead.

It could hardly be recognised as a bear anu longer, ir looked like a white ball of fur cover in blood if not for it's head still intact even i wouldn't recognise it.

ideally did a number in him

"Heh, that's what you get you bastard."

Not long later I followed in his steps and fell on the cold snow covered ground, my consciousness fading away. The last thing I saw was some system notification appearing infront of me, but I didn have the time to read them

***

The head of the guards along with 10 others were rushing at their top speed towards the location mentioned by Sokka.

Sokka couldn't exactly pinpoint the exact location and so they have been running around for a while without much success.

They all had dark expressions on their faces. They knew that it was already too late, but they had to at least retrieve the chief son's body as well as kill the bear to prevent more trouble.

But nothing could have prepared them for what they encountered next.

Laying on the ground in front of them was the chief's son, and although he seemed to be in a sorry state he was still breathing and there didn't seem to be any serious injury on him except for his eye.

What truly shocked them though was what lay beside him. A disfigured white furred figure with none of its body parts in their right places with a terrified look frozen on its face, if they didn't already know beforehand that there was a polar bear around they wouldn't be able to recognise it as such.

Everyone there felt a chill crawling up their spine seeing such a scene they didn't even dare to approach for a while.

"Wha…what could cause something like this." said one of the guards, voicing everyone's thoughts.

What kind of animal or power will be able to do something like this? To disfigure a giant polar bear to such a state.

'Just what happened here?.' thought the head of the guards, Kato with an uneasy look on his face, 'If whatever caused this attacked the tribe am afraid….' he didn't dare to think about it. Nobody amongst them knew about blood bending so they couldn't think of what could have caused this.

"Do you think someone came and saved him?." Asked one of the guards.

"If so, who could it be? to turn a polar bear into this!, and leave its corpse in such a pathetic state." said another guard, everyone nodded agreeing with his words.

Hearing them talk and discuss with each other the head of the guards had an idea of what might have happened here, he was an experienced water bender and so he knew more than your average guard.

'The kid had most likely awakened his water bending powers facing this dangerous situation.' He thought, 'But even so, how did this happen?'

It wasn't uncommon for young or even teenage kids to awaken their bending powers in dangerous situations, some people even arranged for their kids to face controlled dangerous situations without their knowledge to awaken their powers so it wasn't anything new.

'But to cause this?.' He thought before throwing it to the back of his head, this wasn't the time for it.

"EVERYONE SNAP OUT OF IT, medics go check on the chief's son and make sure he's okay, everyone else secure the area." He shouted, bringing everyone back from their shock.

Hearing him they all seemed to forget about what they saw for the time being and spread around securing the place.

After a while one of the medics gave his report, "Everything seems to be good sir, he only has a scratch on his left eye that stopped bleeding. It's nothing serious, we can get some water healers to heal it later."

"Alright everyone pack up we're heading back." Taking Levi and the bear's corpse with them headed back to the tribe obviously in much better spirits then they came.

The situation was way better than they expected. The chief's son was alive and the danger had been dealt with, most Importantly they didn't have to do anything so everyone was in a good mood.

***

If you like my story and you're interested in reading 30 chapters in advance and supporting me you can subscribe to my patreon

Pat reon.com/xXTheDarkOneXx (Remove the space)