10 | Dine in Heaven

Start from the beginning

God, she's so sexy tonight. Her presence is arresting and captivating as she stands before me in that revealing black dress. The fabric clings to her curves with a sinful allure, leaving little to the imagination. Her bare back beckons me with a tantalizing promise. The only restraint is a tangle knot that I can't wait to loosen with my fingers.

"Minji?" She whispers. Her wrist subtly shifted in my grasp.

I glance down at her who's shorter than me, then I realized I'd been holding her with such strength. I should stop this. But really, I don't want to let her go.

My gaze flickers toward Hyein. She observes us with her usual smirk, teasing my unusual behaviors tonight.

"She's mine tonight," I claim.

Hyein only widens her smirk, boiling my blood more. I take Hanni away, determined to declare what's rightfully mine.

Stopping in front of the grand piano, I turn to face her.

"What is wrong with you? Why did you say that?" She half whispers, her brows furrowing.

"Say what?" 

She's silent. 

"Say what, Hanni?" 

She's silent again.

I lean in close. My breath hot against her ear as I whisper back, "You're mine tonight, Hanni. Remember that."

I lean back to see her eyes widen with surprise, meet mine with intensity.

Releasing a sigh, I move towards the piano's chair.

"Sit."

"Minji—" God damnit, why is she so damn stubborn?

"I said, sit," I repeat, firm and final.

Cold silence clouds the air. Hanni hesitates, her gaze locked with mine. Eventually, she complies, sinking into the chair obediently.

A small smirk tugs at the corner of my lips.

Good girl.

I sit beside her in front of the piano, my fingers caressing the keys. The familiar melody echoes through the living room.

Hanni looks at me with too many questions in her head. I chuckle.

"Why? Too surprising for you for a criminal to play instruments?" I tease.

Her laughter, soft and melodic, fills the room, mingling with the music.

"How about 'All of Me'?" She suggests.

"Classic," I mutter, diving into the familiar chords without hesitation.

Later, as the song progresses, I let my voice join the melody. The singing flows flawlessly, better than I expected.

I glance at her on my left side. Her cheeks flushed with a delicate pink.

Did she just blush?

"You good?" I inquire as our gazes meet.

She coughs lightly, turning away to hide her embarrassment. Then she turns back to me, her eyes shimmering with nervousness.

How can someone be this beautiful? God, I'm so in love.

"It was amazing, really." She admits.

"No, you're more amazing," I confess as I drink in every detail of her face. "You're so beautiful tonight. You even outshine the moon."

She looks away, coming back to her shy self. I chuckle softly.

"What's wrong with you?" She asks.

What's wrong with me? I feel more alive than ever since you've been with me.