Chapter 7

Hello readers! 👋🏻

Welcome to a new chapter of TLL💕

If you like the chapter and want to know more, the target for the next chapter will be given by the end of this chapter. 👇🏻

(I promise it won't be anything difficult😉)

VOTE•COMMENT•FOLLOW! 🤧🦋

Find me on Instagram if you wanna stay updated about the story😉

(Link in my bio!)

::::::::::::::::::::::::::XXXXX::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::🫲🏻HAPPY READING🫱🏻::::::::::::::::::::::::::XXXXX::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

🫲🏻HAPPY READING🫱🏻
::::::::::::::::::::::::::XXXXX::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

ADITYA'S POV:

"So, you are telling me that you left that editor Bakshi just because... A GIRL TOLD YOU TO?"-Sid asked for the umpteenth time. I was so tired even when I started updating his and this guy right here, is doubling my exhaustion.

Me: (sighing) "Sid, whatever the girl said, is NOT baseless AT ALL. Right now, I'm ashamed of myself that I couldn't think all these days the way she thought. YOU should be embarrassed as well."

Sid: "But bro, this is not an everyday event we get to see, or know. Mr. Aditya Singh, the CEO of Riwayat and the handsome angry young man of business industry, listened to a girl he barely knows and that girl CHANGED HIS THOUGHTS. Bro, I'm not even joking this time, I seriously want to meet this girl. I want to touch her feets. She surely knows magic."

Me: "Sid, for God's sake, can we PLEASE put the girl aside and concentrate on THE THINGS SHE SAID? Otherwise I'll marry Roshni and YOU will have to be her P.A."

Sid: (getting up from the bed and sitting beside me on the couch) "Alright bro, let's do this."

After half an hour, we ended up analyzing the sells statistics of Riwayat, since the year it started. Just as we guessed, the graph has never been as low as it is now. That means... it is not JUST a random downfall. SOMETHING is surely wrong. SURELY.

Me: "Sid, I think we are going on the right- Sid? Whom are you texting?"

Sid: (smiling but not looking up) "Bhai, it is Akansha."

Me: "Well, I asked the wrong question. WHY are you texting? NOW? We are in the middle of something. Just put the phone down or I swear I will kick you out of my room."

Sid: (still not looking up) "You are gonna kick me out anyways, Bhai. Because you are getting married."

Me: (disgusted) "Siddharth, put the phone down, right now."

Sid understood my tone and put the phone down instantly. He shifted his complete concentration towards me and discussed whatever we had to discuss. No matter what he does, these days he is working really hard. He even quitted his weekend party schedule for now. I have been mostly occupied by these cases and hence, he is the one running the company now. Hiring designers, working on new launches, managing PR, running photoshoots- everything. After we get done with this matter, I need to look after the PR management. Riwayat needs a PR team very soon. But right now, my first priority is this.

I don't know why I am feeling this way but, I think trusting Ms. Kapoor will NOT be a disappointment. She is really an impressive personality. I must agree with Sid that this is very unusual that someone made me change MY mind. I just hope she proves whatever she said. Riwayat is my only concern. I will pay her once she gets things rightly done. But...how? She doesn't even know my identity. I think she will find it out eventually, though. But, why couldn't I tell her? I could've easily flexed my position because that is what I always do. People call me arrogant, but I don't care. It is all I achieved, MYSELF. Where did these thoughts go in front of her? Why couldn't I put her in her place even when SHE was insulting me?

All these thoughts were covering my mind when I felt Sid push me.

Me: (startled) "What?!"

Sid: (studying my face) "Kahan khoye ho?" (Where are you lost?)

Me: "Nowhere. I'm just thinking about-"

Sid: (arching brows) "ABOUT? The girl who insulted you?"

Me: "SHE DIDN'T INSULT ME. Nobody does. Now shut up and YOU tell me, who's that Akansha?"

Sid: (smiling) "That girl I saved the other day."

Me: (frowning) "Sid I told you not to."

Sid: (insisting) "Bro it is kismat. (fate) I did not go to her. We met co-incidentally."

Me: (giving up) "Whatever, I don't care. Just don't put yourself into any trouble again."

Before I could say anything else, I saw my phone vibrate on the table. An unknown number. I gestured Sid to shut his mouth and picked up the call on speaker. I though this can be a call for any threats like I've received earlier. Because, I don't get too many anonymous calls. But, this was... Ms. Kapoor.

She: "Um, Mr. Singh?"

My lips unknowingly curved a smile. Maybe because she found that out.

Me: "The speed is pretty impressive."

She: "Mr. Singh, I...I'm sorry. I didn't know you. I mean I do. I mean..."

Me: "Ms. Kapoor, breathe. Calm down. It fine. You didn't commit any crime. Calm down."

My voice sounded so polite that I, myself could barely recognize it as mine.

She: (after pause) "Mr. Singh, don't think I am now respecting you after knowing your position. I have read all you articles before. I repect you since the beginning for the progress you made in your businedd field. I just... didn't know you. I didn't see any of your pictures or anything before. That's why I couldn't recognize YOU as a person. I'm sorry."

Me: "I told you, it is completely okay. By the way, what about the case? I know it is too early to ask, but still, any progress?"

She: "I think I will be able to update you tomorrow. I will start working within an hour. Give me 12 hours maximum and I will update you tomorrow... 9 AM. Is that okay?"

Me: (again surprised by her confidence) "Alright but, don't mind me asking... won't you sleep?"

She: (with a short laugh) "I have experience of all nighters. Nothing major. I'll update you as soon as possible."

Me: "Okay. I'll wait for the update. Um, by the way, Ms. Kapoor?"

She: "Yes? Mr. Singh?"

Me: "Um, just wanted to let you know that... Mr. Whatever sounds perfectly fine."

Wait, WHAT? What's wrong with me?

She: (after a pause) "Okay, I'll keep that in mind. Goodnight, Mr. Singh."

Me: "Goodnight, Ms. Kapoor."

I couldn't even sit down after hanging up the call, when I realized, my phone was on speaker...

I turned around and saw Sid flabbergasted, staring at me open mouthedly. DAMN IT- was all I could rant in my mind. I had A LOT questions to ask myself. At this point I couldn't face Sid's questions. I looked around the room and closed my laptop. Then I went to my bed and said, "Goodnight, Sid. Please turn the lights off when you leave."

Despite closing my eyes, I could sense Sid, still sitting on the couch, SHOCKED. I didn't give him any further attention, and actually dozed off. 

::::::::::::::::::::::::::XXXXX::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

1200+ words

Thanks for reading!♥️
Do vote, comments, follow😊
Target for the next part: 110 votes +comments as many as u can 👀
See y'all soon👋🏻

Signing off✒️
-Rizzz✨