Katakuri was going to pull out the baby transponder snal when he hesitated, which was yet another time he broke character.

What if I didn't tell her?

No, Katakuri, that's ridiculous.

But a white dragon... What will Mama make it do?

He watched as it washed the blood off it's white svales in the lake after it had gotten a quick drink. Just by it's movements he could tell it was in pain.

The dragon had a bad bite mark on the bottom of it's neck and multiple little scratches along it's body. It had a few pouches around it's neck that would surely have to be replaced later from the blood stains. There were a few tears in it's wings and one wing was even limp and dragged across the ground during the few movements it made.

Katakuri was still trying the process the fact that he was staring at a real dragon.

He had always found the stories with dragons in them stupid. Firebreathing, overgrown lizards that can fly? Seriously, how would the world survive with those things lurking around. Not to mention that in most stories they had been nearly immortal with the ability to live for centuries.

Katakuri was snapped out of his thoughts by hearing the dragon... Cough...? It coughed up a bit of blood before stumbling forward, quickly catching itself but it looked ready to collapse.

Katakuri wanted to help but didn't want the dragon to notice him.

Instead, he simply watched from behind a bush (which wasn't covering him much) as the overgrown lizard fell on it's side with a groan of pain.

Just pass out already so I can get closer. As long as you don't die, it'll be alright.

Shit.

It can die from this.

Katakuri hesitently stood up and slowly approached the dragon, holding his hands out in front of him. It noticed him immediately and lifted it's head off the ground, snarling. Although, for whatever reason, it stopped as soon as it saw Katakuri, it's blue eyes widening.

Katakuri made sure to move slowly, his mind racing. He crouched down beside it and reached it, but it snapped at him. He quickly pulled his hand away before his eyes furrowed, an irritated look on his face.

"I'm trying to help you, you stupid thing."

It simply just hissed in return.

"Now, let me take you back before you die here in the forest." Katakuri said, reaching out.

To his surprise, the dragon shrank.

A lot.

It went from biger than half Katakuri's size to the size of a housecat.

Katakuri paused for a second before scooping the dragon up in his arms, and to his surprise, it let him, going limp as it leaned into him. It looked like it was having a hard time staying conscious, as it's eyes kept drooping, opening, drooping, and then opening again. Plus, it's breathing was strained.

What if it doesn't survive and just dies in my arms? The first dragon seen in who knows how long dead just because I couldn't get it help soon enough. Where should I even take it? I guess it would be easier to sneak into the infirmary with it's new size. I plan to not tell anyone until I must, or until I'm sure it'll survive this.

Katakuri noticed it's eyes closing and lightly shook it, causing it to open it's eyes again.

It seems dazed. Maybe it's dizzy or lightheaded? It most likely is lightheaded just because the condition it's in, and who knows how far it traveled in this condition. Speaking of exhaustion, I feel like my legs are going to fall off. No, no self pitty, Katakuri. You've been through worse from the training. A bit of running is nothing.