When we landed, I decided to skip PT and go straight to Oak Hill. After dropping my things and the kid off at home I was texting Nola that I was on the way over. Her dad greeted me at the door groaning when he saw me. I know he doesn't actually mean it. "You have a home, don't you?" he deadpans. "Of course I do, sir. I'm about to be a World Champion didn't you hear?" He rolls his eyes playfully. "Congrats, kid. Nice play in the third against Abrams. Can't stand him."

I scoff. Me fucking either. That little shit was giving me problems the whole game. It was nice to score on him. "Did they pan to Abrams after the game? He threw a rage fit," I snicker. I'd be pissed too but Abrams is an asshole so making fun of him isn't mean. Nola's dad's lips quirk up a bit. "So dramatic. Nola! Your.... friend is here!" That gets a smile out of me. "C'mon, Mr. Scott. I thought we were friends now," I tease.

Maybe I'm getting a little too comfortable with him but I genuinely don't think the man has a bad bone in his body. He could be protective over his daughter but can he really hate me? He's just getting to know me. "I've got enough friends, thank you very much." Nola appears two seconds later and basically jumps on me. Don't think her dad will like that, still, I grab her and she giggles. "I'm so proud of you!" She never fails to remind me.

"Barf," Mr. Scott says. Nola looks at him behind me. "Don't be rude, Dad. Miles is about to be a world champ, oh, also he's my boyfriend not friend," Nola reiterates. That's my girl. Nola's dad takes a bite out of a donut. "Same difference," he muffles. Nola ignores her dad and pulls my hand, "C'mon, I have to show you something." She leads me up the stairs in a hurry.

"Open door, Granola!"
"Always, daddy!"

Once we get up to her room, she grabs her laptop and shows it to me.

Nebelhorn Trophy Application 2044

"You know how I told you I've been talking to Coach Laurel?" she asks and I nod, looking at the application. It's all filled out. "Should I do it? There's still time to practice and enter myself. The competition isn't until September so it'll give me time" She bites on her fingernails and I place the computer down. Grabbing her face, I look into those deep blue eyes that hold so much emotion and passion. "Do it, Scott. If it's what you really, really want, do it. You'll have my utmost support, you know that."

She kisses me shortly, not for too long just in case her dad comes upstairs. " I really want to, Miles, but..." She pulls away from my touch and looks down at the computer. "I don't know. I'm still contemplating it. Maybe it's best to wait and train for the next Olympics. Yeah, I'll be older but I'll have so much more time. Hopefully, I'll take the world by storm and win gold."

Her eyes light up brighter than ever. I can tell she wants it. Maybe not now but she wants it. Nola's passionate about figure skating, that's known. She wants this more than anyone. "I know you will. Do whatever feels right, babe. You've got time. Everything's going to fall into place," I remind her. She takes a deep breath and nods before bending over and closing the tab.

"I'm going to wait. My guts telling me to wait. In the meantime, I'll be practicing my technique, getting better. There are plenty of competitions in between the Olympics. I'm going to make a name for myself before I get to the big stage," Nola demands, nodding her head like she's convincing herself. She's got me convinced. I wrap my arms around her waist and pull her to my chest. "Damn right, baby. I'll be here through all of it as your number-one fan. Behind the scenes," I promise.

She smiles and laces her arms around my neck, pulling me down for another kiss. I savor her lips on mine, moving a hand down to touch her ass. Can't help myself. Nola giggles into our kiss and leans back into my touch. "Wanna grab some lunch with my mom and dad at his work? They're serving tacos all week." She waggles her brows. "Are we invited?" I ask. She moves her head to the side like saying 'of course we are'. "Dad and I are meeting Mom there, she's about to get off for lunch."