ᶜʰᵃⁿᶜᵉ

Start from the beginning

He told himself that he'd pay every bill, buy every dress, shoe, nail set and hair style you wanted. He told himself that he would give you the world. But only if he saw you again. He was going to wait until God brought you to him, so he'd know it was meant to be. Ja never prayed much, but when it came to you, he would talk to God for hours, because God was the only person he wanted to know. If anyone else found out, they would try to rush you back into his life. He wanted Gods timing, because you told him it was always perfect.

And little did yall know, but this was the perfect timing. You were sitting high up in the stadium, next to your best friend who forced you to come to Ja's game. She knew about a boy breaking your heart, but she didn't know that boy was Ja. And you were most definitely not gonna tell her that. That would ruin him for her, because she loved him and his team mate, Jaren. She was almost as obsessed with basketball as you, and that's why y'all were so close.

"Bitch, I think Ja sister waved at me," She tells you and your eyes dart to Niya, who noticed you. You had no idea how, because y'all were so far apart but she did. The whole family was next to Ja, laughing and talking with him. She waves back at Niya who points down at her phone, and you nod. "Bitch and I missing something. You know her?"

"Something like that. I'm from South Carolina remember? Everybody know everybody," you respond, and she just stares at you.

"So you knew Ja," she raises and eyebrow and you gulp.

"Something like that," you repeat, opening your phone seeing that Niya texted you. She told you to look up and sure enough you see Tee and Jamie Morant waving frantically at you. Leave it up to the Morant to recognize a girl they hadn't seen in 4 years. Ja glances up at what his family was entertaining.

"Who y'all waving at," he asked, confused. He didn't recognize you. You had really changed, eyebrows done, lashes done and your hair was now a Ginger color that brought out your brown eyes. He squints, not knowing if it's you or not.

"Y/n," Niya says, smiling wide, still texting you.

"Text her and tell her that she shoulda told us she was coming. We coulda got her and her friend court side tickets," Tee tells Niya, making you look down. Ja glances back up, finally seeing you full face. He panicked at how gorgeous you were, glowing.

Your friend frantically taps you, making you lift your head from your phone.

"Bitch Ja morant is fucking staring at you," she squeals. "I mean totally eye-fucking you!"

You glance up and instantly lock eyes with Ja. It's like a movie scene, and the rest of the world disappears but your phone vibrates again, so you break eye contact. Ja stares still, not knowing what to do with himself. He can't believe he saw you again and you were even more breath taking than before.

"Stop staring Ja, you look like a creep," Niya smacks him, as Kaari jumped around on her lap. "You fucked that up remember?"

"Don't remind me," he whispers. It was almost time for the game to start and he needed to snap out of it. After a couple quick glances back up at you, and you down at him, he took a deep breath and returned to the game. But there was one thing on his mind. He, Temetruis Jamel Morant, was going to get you back, even if it meant missing a night out with his boys, which he enjoyed. Drinking was the only thing that got rid of his depression, and basketball helped with his anxiety.