Chapter 20: The Years Between

In the Never-years that followed the Lost Boy invasion, a significant and unprecedented shift unfolded in the once tranquil and enchanted realm of Neverland. This change, casting a new light on the fate of the land, had never been witnessed before. The fairies, who had long held sway over the island, found themselves stripped of their control, granting Peter, Tink, and the Lost Boys newfound freedom to roam as they pleased.

Yet, as the once mighty Fairy Kingdom's influence dwindled and word spread of their fall from grace, a multitude of Nevercreatures emerged from their hidden corners of Neverland, spreading across the land with an unforeseen ferocity. These creatures, previously restrained by fear of the fairies' rule, now unleashed disorder and uncertainty wherever they went, leaving a trail of chaos in their wake.

This power shift also affected the loyalty of the peaceful sentient beings in Neverland, prompting them to question the fairies' ability to keep them safe and rule the island. Doubt crept into their minds, shaking their unwavering faith in the fairies and casting shadows of uncertainty over the once bright and hopeful realm.

Throughout history, the united and formidable Fairy Kingdom had kept the monstrous creatures of Neverland at bay, preserving order and preventing them from wreaking havoc. However, with the fairy's army reduced to a militia, focusing solely on their own survival and struggling to maintain their diminishing essence, their efforts to protect the land were severely limited.

One group profoundly affected by this power shift was the gnomes of Neverland. These curious beings, characterized by their stout frames and pointy hats, resided within an elaborate cave system intricately connected beneath Mount Dust. Over the eons, they had meticulously carved towns and cities into the mountain base. Despite their small stature, the gnomes were renowned for their craftiness and skill as builders and tailors. They possessed an innate talent for working with their hands, creating garments imbued with enchantments by infusing essence into clothing, a skill unmatched by all else. Their apparels are rare works of art, meticulously fashioned with fine details and exquisite designs that showcased their mastery of their craft.

However, after the invasion and the subsequent fall of the fairies, the gnomes found themselves vulnerable and unprotected. The once harmonious relationship between the gnomes and fairies had been disrupted, leaving the gnomes exposed in this new landscape of Neverland. Uncertainty loomed over their future as they grappled with the harsh reality that their once-trusted allies could no longer offer the protection and support they relied upon.

In the shadows of Neverland, lurked the Racgoons, vile and cunning creatures resembling humanoid raccoons with razor-sharp teeth and claws. Covered in a luxurious coat of dark fur with white banded tails, their keen senses of smell and acute vision made them formidable hunters in the dense forests. With their lithe bodies and swivelling ears, they perpetually remained alert for prey and danger.

The Racgoons possessed dexterous hands and nimble fingers that allowed them to manipulate objects with ease. This made them skilled scavengers and accomplished thieves. Their slender, agile legs ended in sharp claws, granting them the ability to climb trees and traverse rough terrain with deadly precision. Striped with bands of black and white, their tails served as a counterbalance to their agile movements, enabling them to move with amazingly nimble stealth.

Although small in size, these raccoon-like creatures were notorious for their viciousness in battle. Their natural weapons, coupled with their quick reflexes and swift movements, made them elusive opponents. They were opportunistic and ruthless, constantly seeking ways to gain the upper hand over their prey or rivals.

Typically, the Racgoons skulked amidst the decaying mulch and vibrant understory of the forest, preying upon the weak and defenceless. However, with the weakening of the fairy kingdom and the ensuing upheaval, the Racgoons perceived an opportunity to expand their territory.