I take a deep breath, calling upon every ounce of knowledge and preparation I poured into this meeting.

"Thank you for the opportunity to share why an investment from M Corp would be extremely beneficial for your resort project. Allow me to highlight a few key reasons:

First, M Corp has an impressive track record of successful investments and partnerships. Over the past 5 years, the companies in our portfolio have seen their revenues grow an average of 15% annually, outpacing the market. We have the financial resources and business acumen to help our partners thrive." As I begin to speak, my voice grows stronger and more confident, the words flowing from my lips with a passion and conviction I didn't know I possessed. I can do this, I realize, a flicker of pride igniting in my chest.

"Second, we take a long-term, strategic view with our investments. Unlike some firms that may pressure you for quick returns, we believe in providing patient capital and working closely with management to drive sustained growth. We have experience guiding companies at all stages to scale smartly and achieve profitability.

Third, our team brings deep expertise in the hospitality and leisure space. We understand the unique challenges and opportunities facing resort developments today. Our network and knowledge can help you navigate operational issues, connect with the right vendors and partners, and stay ahead of the latest industry trends.

Most importantly, we believe in relationships built on trust, transparency, and shared values. M Corp will be a true partner to you, not just a source of capital. We're excited about your vision for this resort and committed to helping you bring it to life. We'll be there to provide strategic counsel and roll up our sleeves to problem-solve alongside you."

Throughout my presentation, I can feel the Alpha's eyes on me, his gaze heavy with an intensity that would make any unmated she-wolf weak in the knees. But not me. I'm marked, and his blatant disregard for that fact only fuels my determination to prove myself, to show him that I'm more than just a pretty face.

"In summary, with M Corp you'll gain a well-capitalized, experienced investor aligned with your long-term interests and equipped with relevant industry expertise. We're confident our partnership can create substantial value and achieve something truly special with this resort. I look forward to exploring how we can work together. Thank you."

As I wrap up my pitch, the Alpha begins to clap, a slow, deliberate sound that echoes through the room. "Not only is she beautiful, but she also has brains," he remarks, that infuriating grin still plastered on his face.

I bite back the scathing retort that dances on the tip of my tongue, forcing a smile instead. "Thank you, Alpha Collin," I say, my voice saccharine sweet as I make my way back to my seat, my heart pounding with a mixture of relief and anger.

His secretary then takes the floor to detail their resort plans and projections. I listen intently, jotting down notes and formulating questions. When she finishes, I rise again.

"You've presented a compelling vision for the resort. However, I do have some concerns about the potential risks and how you plan to address them." I proceed to outline the issues I foresee and press for more details on their mitigation strategies. To my surprise, Alpha Collin provides thoughtful, thorough responses that show they have considered the challenges carefully. Reluctantly, I have to admit I'm impressed by his business acumen, even if I still dislike him personally.

We wrap up the meeting an hour later. As I gather my things to leave, Alpha Collin approaches me with that irritating smirk still on his face. "Join me for lunch, Miss Jefferson. I'd like to discuss this partnership further."

Every instinct scream at me to refuse, to put as much distance between myself and this infuriating man as possible. But I know I need to do whatever it takes to seal this deal for M Corp and make him forgive me for the slap I gave him yesterday.

So, with a smile that feels more like a grimace, I accept his invitation, steeling myself for whatever fresh hell awaits me. "Lead the way, Alpha Collin."

As I follow him out, my mind races with strategies on how to handle this powerful, irksome man and ensure a favorable outcome for M Corp. I refuse to let his arrogance derail my mission. Squaring my shoulders, I mentally gird myself for the challenges ahead. Failure is not an option.