Chapter Ten - Dreams, Truths, and New Beginnings

Começar do início

I watched, cleaning some dishes as Tensei played with Eri. Smiling at the two. "They just keep growing..." I looked at Rin. Confused. "Oh no... don't tell me." She bursted out into giggles. "Y-you don't even notice!?"
'Notice what?'
"Nothing! Nothing! You can figure it out on your own!" I jumped as the door opened and hawks came in. Smiling as he walked over.
"Yo! Kazumi!"
'Hawks. Your usual?'
"Yes ma'am!" There was a ding and Eri perked up. Looking over at me. She looked like a puppy. I just grinned as I turned, pulling out the candy apple. She squealed as she ran over and into the back counter. Laughing I handed Eri her candy apple and began to work on Hawks drink. To my luck he's already met Eri, in fact now he was joining Tensei in playing with her. It was truly adorable, and I loved it.

I picked up Eri, placing her on my shoulder as we looked up at UA class 1A. I smiled as the girl began to sing, Kyoka Jiro. Began to sing, and her voice was angelic.

I sat up a stand at UA. To my not so shock, they had again requested that I set up a booth. I smiled at Eri, playing with some Figures at my feet as I placed down some premade items. I sighed as hero after hero came up to my booth. I sailed drink after drink. Along with a few patrias, though Mt. Lady did try to use her looks to get something for free. I just crossed my arms, deadpanned, and raised an eye brow. She preceded to say 'playing hard to get.' Grinned at me and said. 'I like a challenge.' And now every time I saw her she'd fucking flirt. I'd just raise a brow at her, then bat her away in a shooing manor. She laughed. I think that means where friends now. Though I could be wrong. Then, at ten I temporarily closed my booth, and went to go watch Izuku and his class perform.

I picked up Eri, placing her on as class 1A began to perform, the girl. Kyoka Jiro began to sing. "What am I to be? What is my calling? I gave up giving up, I'm ready to go..." I listened, redirecting my sight to Eri, grinning and giggling it made me grin to. Then turning I watched Class 1A perform. The sight of everyone so happy warmed my heart.

I smiled at Izuku, I lightly whacked Katsuki. A few minutes later I'm standing with Izuku, and the bit. Mirio Togata. After that I let Izuku take her as I returned to my stand. After a bit, after I had packed up everything, I was holding a sleepy Eri in my arms. I handed Eri I candy apple, which she cheered about as she ate it. She nestled into my shoulder as she whispered something. "Thanks. Mom." I jumped, blinking, but smiled at her as she fell asleep.

I have officially adopted Eri. I looked up at the TV, cleaning dishes as the Hero Chart was announced, ten was Ryokyo. Nine was Rusha, eight was Tensei, seven was Kamui Woods, six was Crust. Five was Mirko, four was EdgeShot, three was Beast Jeanist. Which left number two Hawks, and finally the new number one hero. Endeavor. Turning off the sink and drying my hands, I walked over to my couch and sat down. Watching Eri played. I sighed as Hawks began to speak. "Or maybe... we should bring Viridian Shadow out."

He grinned. I sighed, shaking my head at the twenty two year old. "I mean come on. She's the number one in approval ratings. And she's not even a hero! Yet she placed higher than anyone here!" Landing the hero grinned. "I mean come on. Why not bring her into the hero work. The public loves her." My eyes narrowed as I reached out and turned off the TV. I paused as I received a text message. - Tomorrow I'm to use a Nomu to attack a hero... the message proceeded to tell me where and when. -BTW, Hawks is trying to join to spy.