⁰⁴⁻ 𝐅𝐢𝐫𝐬𝐭 𝐝𝐚𝐲 𝐛𝐚𝐜𝐤

CHAPTER FOUR
A Wolf?

       Hope and Scott met up with Stiles after having a little altercation with Jackson and the trio talk about the previous night's events as they walk towards the entrance of the school

"Okay, let's see this thing." Stiles said, looking in between the McCall twins. Hope nods her head towards Scott who lifts up his shirt to show Stiles his bite wound, which is covered with gauze and tape that has a small amount of blood leaking through.

"Ooh!" Stiles whispered-yelled.

"Mine is the same but without the bad bandaging." Hope told Stiles.

"Yeah..." Stiles pokes the bandage, which causes Scott to flinch in pain.

"Whoa!" Scott pulls his shirt back down as the three resume their walk into the school.

"It was too dark to see much, but we're pretty sure it was a wolf." Scott told his best friend, referring to what bit him and his twin sister. Stiles looks at both Hope and Scott with disbelief.

"A wolf bit you?" Stiles asked both of them.

"Uh-huh." Hope nodded. Stiles shakes his head and gives him a look that says he thinks Hope and Scott are being dense.

"No, not a chance." He said.

"We heard a wolf howling." Hope told Stiles, confused. Stiles scoffs and continues to shake his head in response to the McCall twins argument.

"No, you didn't." Stiles stated.

"What do you mean, 'No, we didn't?' How do you know what we heard?" Scott asked Stiles, clearly getting frustrated.

"Because California doesn't have wolves, okay? Not in, like, sixty years." Stiles replied. Scott looks surprised by this news as the three stop on the staircase. Stiles turns around to face Scott with a serious expression.

"Really?" Scott asked.

"Yes, really. There are no wolves in California." Stiles repeated.

"All right. Well, if you don't believe us about the wolf, then you're definitely not gonna believe us when we tell you we found the body." Stiles' demeanor instantly changes from exasperation to gleeful at the sound of this news.

"You two— are you kidding me?" Stiles asked, turning to look at Hope who shook her head.

"No, Stiles, we wish. We're gonna have nightmares for a month." Hope replied with a slight chuckle.

"Oh, God, that is freakin' awesome. I mean, this is seriously gonna be the best things that's happened to this town." Stiles rambled toward Hope who nodded and smiled as she listened to him. Stiles looks back at Scott with an irritated expression.

"You're the cause of this, you know." Scott rolls his eyes in response to this comment.

"Uh-huh."

"Draggin' me and Hope down to your nerd depths. We're nerds by association. We've been Scarlet-nerded by you." Hope laughed at Stiles' sarcasm. Also realizing the fact that nerded isn't a word.

ENGLISH CLASS

Hope, Stiles, and Scott enter their first period English class and take their seats, where the teacher, Mr. Curtis, immediately begins the lecture without introduction.

"As you all know, there indeed was a body found in the wood last night." Hope grins and looks over at Stiles, who is in the desk one row and one column behind her and who winks at her knowingly. Hope shook her head with a laugh and turned back around to face Mr. Curtis.

"And I am sure your eager little minds are coming up with various macabre scenarios as to what happened. But I am here to tell you that the police have a suspect in custody, which means you can give your undivided attention to the syllabus, which is on your desk outlining this semester." Hope and Stiles once again share an unexcited look before suddenly, Hope hears a phone ring so loudly that she believes it to be right next to her. However, when she looks around the room, she sees no one else reacting to the noise, causing her to frown in confusion. Eventually, the sound of a female voice draws her attention to the row of windows to her left, through which she sees a young brunette woman sitting on a bench at the bottom of the stairs to the front entrance to the school. She has just answered the phone, which she has braced between her ear and her shoulder so she can dig through her gray canvas bag. The fact that she can hear her speaking like she's sitting right in front of her only makes her more confused.

Hope, still looking alarmed, tracks the female voice with her eyes until she is walked into the school and through the hallway by the vice principal. The vice principal walks the female into the classroom, where he introduces her to the other students.

"Class, this is our new student, Allison Argent. Please do your best to make her feel welcome." Allison, who looks nervous, smiles weakly before finding the only open seat in the class, which just happens to be the seat behind Scott and to the left of Stiles, the latter of whom smiles at her awkwardly as she sits down. Scott, having heard her conversation with her mother earlier as well as Hope, knows that she forgot a pen and offers her one of his own. Allison looks surprised by the gesture, but smiles at him gratefully.

"Thanks." Scott smiles back at her in a way that indicates that he is starting to fall for her already before turning back around in his seat so she can't see him blush. The English teacher then picks up where he left off as Allison looks confused by this interaction.

Hope looks over at her brother who looks at her. She then mouths the words, 'You heard her too?' Scott nodded and Hope frowned in confusion, turning her attention back to Mr. Curtis who began to speak again.

"We'll begin with Kafka's Metamorphosis on page one-thirty-three."

(Edited!)

(Edited!)

Hope is a Banshee but I just wanted to add super hearing to one of the symptoms 🤷🏽‍♀️. might change it again but i'm not rlly sure ☀️.