𝟎𝟎𝟔. fangtasia

chapter sixfangtasia

chapter six
fangtasia

🩸

Rory was beginning to regret tagging along with Bill and Sookie. She sat in the back seat as Bill drove and Sookie sat in the passenger side. It was eerily quiet in the car, and Rory couldn't help but feel uncomfortable, the silence unsettling. The only sound was the classical music coming from the radio, a default setting Bill put on.

Sookie seemed just as much awkward from the silence as she turned to Bill. "Penny for your thoughts."

"I thought you liked not knowing what I'm thinking."

"Most of the time I do."

Bill paused. "You won't care for it."

Rory sunk deeper into her seat, elbow resting on the car door as she looked at the passing trees out of the window, fingers touching her forehead, although she was careful not to mess up her makeup.

"That doesn't mean I don't wanna know."

Bill looked at Sookie than glanced behind at Rory through the rearview mirror. "You look like vampire bait. More so you, Sookie."

Rory craned her head, eyes glancing down at Sookie's red and white summer dress and hair pulled back by a white head band. Whilst Sookie looked like a church girl coming from mass, Rory choice something a little more laid back, what she would normally wear to a bar, a white spring dress with a deep v-neck, that was a little shorter than she would have liked, her red leather jacket hung over it with black heeled combat boots to make her appear a little taller than what she normally was. Her hair was kept down it its natural blond waves, curtain bangs framing her face. Rory could see how Sookie screamed vampire bait.

Sookie laughed at his comment. "What's that supposed to mean?"

Bill's eyes stayed on the road as he drove in the dead of night. "I promised your grandmother no harm would come to either of you at Fangtasia tonight. I'm not sure I'm gonna be able to keep that promise with you dressed like this."