𝟎𝟎𝟓. falsely convicted

chapter fivefalsely convicted

chapter five
falsely convicted

🩸

"Help! Somebody help, please!" Rory yelled, brushing her hair behind her ears. She gulped, approaching the side where Dawn's head lay, hand flying up to cover her mouth when spotting the red marks on her neck. "What did you get yourself into, Dawn?"

Rory slowly brought the sheet up to cover her brassiere so she still had a little dignity. Her body whipped around when a glass vase shattered right behind her. Jason stood, staring at Dawn's body with a scared look, the flowers he brought for her now scattered on the floor. "Oh, my God, Jason."

Rory wrapped her arms around her brother, tears pricking with tears as his one hand came to hold the back of her head, yet his eyes never strayed from Dawn. "It's okay."

Rory roughly pulled away, screaming. "Like hell it is! Look at her. She is definitely not okay." She hit his chest with her hands as she shouted.

Jason grabbed her wrists to stop her. "Beatin' on me ain't gonna change anything none."

"Dawn, I heard yelling." Dawn's mother walked into the room, glancing at the two siblings before a horrified scream left her lips when she saw Dawn. "Sweet Lord in heaven, no. " she turned to Jason. "What did you do?"

"Me?"

"I found her, Miss Lebvre." Rory said, making sure Jason wouldn't get blamed once again. "He-He just got here."

The woman shook her head. "I saw you last night, Jason Stackhouse. I heard you all fighting, then she took a shot at you, and you ran off. And now she's dead."

"Jason?" Rory analyzed her brother, seeing he didn't make any noise of protest, still flabbergasted. Jason cleared his throat, bobbing his head up and down, "Yeah. We had a fight. But I came here to apologize." He gestured to the flowers on the floor.