#Part ₁₃ - Sʜᴀʟʟ I Kɪʟʟ Hᴇʀ?

~ Rayla and Fenrys song: 𝗗𝗶𝗲 𝗳𝗼𝗿 by 𝗠𝗔𝗚𝗚𝗜𝗘 𝗟𝗜𝗡𝗗𝗘𝗠𝗔𝗡𝗡 ~

~

Rayla:

They had escaped.

So why did she still feel chained?

The anchoring feeling hadn't left.

Everything had blended in together, after she had watched Rowan skin Cairn alive.

She didn't know what to do now, she had slaughtered her way out of them camp along with Rowan and Gavriel. She wanted nothing more to be by Fenrys side, he was dying and she couldn't do anything to prevent it.

Useless.

Stupid.

Pathetic.

Useless.Stupid.Patheic.Useless.Stupid.Pathetic.Useless.Useless.Useless.Useless.Useless.Useless.Useless.Useless.Useless.Useless.Useless.Useless.Useless.Useless.Useless.Useless.Useless.Useless.Useless.Useless.Useless.Useless.Useless.Useless.Useless.Useless.Useless.Useless.Useless.Useless.Useless.Useless.Useless.Useless.Useless.Useless.Useless.Useless.Useless.Useless.Useless.Useless.Useless.Useless.

She couldn't escape the words, they just kept repeating in her head. On and on and on.

Seconds, minutes, moments passed by. They had all gotten to the outskirts of the camp. Gavriel hadn't said a word to her, but he did give her a look, as if to say he knew who she was. If the appearance wasn't enough proof the scent would of been, along with Rowans first look at her.

But Gavriel did not question her, maybe because everyone was already too far in thought as time passed.

As much as Rayla's heart longed not to, she still slowed her pace down steadily breaking away from the two Fae males. She was a few feet behind now. She couldn't bear the though of being rejected and discarded again, so she came to a halt. She felt the others tense at her sudden stop, but she didn't give them enough time to even turn around, as she had already shifted and bolted away.

She took off quicker then she had ever imagined, only to glide ahead towards where the Fae males were headed. Aelin would be there.

Rayla only wondered who else she would have to see. Just another person oblivious to her existence.

Her heart stung at the thought.

She cleared a mass of trees but then she spotted a spec of golden hair, through the forest below. So she circled back around landing on a close by tree, with an outstretched branch.

Perfect, she thought.

This was the safest option for her, to watch, but not be apart– after-all nobody wanted another body to feed and a drag along with them.

Something in her heart clenched as her far hearing tuned in to listen to a rasp of a voice. 

"Take it off."