⁰³⁻ 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐛𝐢𝐭𝐞

CHAPTER THREE
"The Bite"

       As Stiles and the Sheriff leave, Hope closes her eyes and hits the back of her head on the tree, mouthing "Damn!" under her breath when she realizes that by hiding herself, her and her brother lost their way home

As Stiles and the Sheriff leave, Hope closes her eyes and hits the back of her head on the tree, mouthing "Damn!" under her breath when she realizes that by hiding herself, her and her brother lost their way home. Scott waits until the coast is clear before heading in the opposite direction through the woods, Hope following, following the same path her, Scott and Stiles took to get there.

Thunder and lightning flickers overhead as Hope and Scott carefully make their way back, Scott pulling up the hood to his sweatshirt to try to keep his head dry from the steady rain. It's evident that they're both unnerved by the sounds of the forest animals around them, but when they make it to a foggy clearing, they both become unnerved by the fact that it falls totally silent. Scott pulls his inhaler out of his hoodie once again and shakes it, intending to take another hit when suddenly, a herd of deer begin frantically stampeding toward him and his sister, trampling them over and causing Scott's inhaler to fly several meters away.

Once the deer have cleared out, Hope and Scott, still in shock, gets to their feet and Scott starts looking for his inhaler using his cell phone as a light source. He's about to search through a pile of dead leaves when he's startled when he instead uncovers the top half of the body that Stiles had told them about-- young, white, with dark hair and very clearly bisected at the waist. The shock of this sight stuns him so badly that he loses his balance and tumbles down the hill behind him and into a ravine.

"Scott!" Hope called out to her brother, following him down the hill but keeping her balance as she went down.

Scott, shaken, stands to his feet with a groan, using a fallen tree trunk to help himself up due to the aches and pains caused by his fall. Hope finally made her way to her brother and made sure he was okay. The make their way quickly through the woods, wanting nothing more than to get out of there as soon as possible, when all of the sudden, a growl heard behind them causes them to freeze in fear. They both slowly turn around, only to find a large, bestial wolf with glowing red eyes standing before them.

Hope and Scott barely has time to gasp before the beast leaps toward them, causing them to fall backward onto the ground. Though they both attempt to crawl away, the wolf grabs them by the ankles and pulls them both backwards before viciously biting them on their right hip, causing both McCall's to roar in pain.

"AHHHHHH!!"

Panicked, both McCall's scramble through the woods, tripping and tumbling all the way as they desperately tries to evade whatever bit them, tripped them and pulled them backward before biting them on their right hip. When Hope and Scott finally makes it to the nearest road, they both stop just before being hit by someone driving a burgundy SUV, who manages to swerve away from them just in the nick of time. Finally more or less safe, Scott takes a moment to lift the hem of his hoodie up, examining the large bite wound on his hip with horror as the rain continues to pour down around him and his sister. Suddenly, a loud wolf howl is heard from in the woods, which only makes them both more concerned.

 Suddenly, a loud wolf howl is heard from in the woods, which only makes them both more concerned

SORRY FOR THE SHORT CHAPTER! NEXT ONE WILL BE LONGER 💞📍.