Chapter 13: Jaydin's Secret

Start from the beginning

"What's wrong?" Zoroark asked.

Then without warning, Jaydin ran as fast as he could towards the pool. Zoroark ran after him.

The students started to come back. One person spotted Reeka underneath the water, not moving.

"Everyone! Reeka's underwater! And she's not moving!" One of the girls shouted.

All the other classmates ran up and sure enough, saw Reeka underneath the water.

"Somebody help her!" One student shouted.

Damian was about to jump in but suddenly saw Jaydin running up to the pool.

He saw Reeka and jumped in without hesitation. He grabbed Reeka and swam back up to the surface. He swam to the edge of the pool and lifted her onto the cement. He sprang up and got on top of her. He started doing chest compressions to get the water out of her. Zoroark held her claws over her mouth as tears of fear started to fall.

Pikachu returned and gasped as she ran up to her.

"Reeka!!" Pikachu screamed with tears falling down.

Jaydin kept doing his chest compressions. "Reeka! C'mon Reeka! Breathe!!"

Reeka suddenly started coughing as water poured out of her mouth. Jaydin smiled as his breath hitched. Reeka's eyes slowly opened. The first thing she saw was Jaydin looking down at her.

"Jaydin...?" Was all she got out.

Tears started falling down Jaydin's face. "Reeka...!" He sat her up and embraced her. "I'm so happy you're okay...!"

Reeka yelped as soon as Jaydin hugged her. Her blush instantly intensified. Pikachu dove into her and embraced her tightly while crying. It finally clicked why they were in this position. She started crying hard as she hugged him and Pikachu tightly, not caring about their classmates watching them. Jaydin held her tightly as he slowly stopped crying.

All their classmates sighed with relief at seeing Reeka safe. The teacher suddenly ran up with the school nurse in tow.

"Out of the way!" He yelled. He kneeled down to Reeka. "Reeka! Are you alright?! What happened?!"

"I-I don't know. One minute I was swimming and the next minute I was underwater. But...Jaydin saved me" Reeka explained.

The teacher looked up at Jaydin. "Is that true Jaydin?"

"Yeah. I saw her underwater and dove in and brought her back up to the surface. I started to perform CPR and managed to get all the water out" Jaydin explained.

The teacher was impressed that Jaydin knew how to perform CPR at his age. The nurse joined them.

"I'd still like to examine you to make sure you're alright. Are you able to stand?" She asked.

Reeka tried to move but couldn't. "I-I can't, my body feels too heavy."

"In that case" Jaydin said. He got up and scooped up Reeka into his arms. This caused her to blue screen as she finally processed what was happening.

"I'll carry her to your office, if you could show me where to go I'll follow you" Jaydin said.

The nurse nodded. She directed Jaydin to follow her. Zoroark and Pikachu were close behind, the latter riding on the former's shoulder.

The teacher told everyone that the class was over and to get changed. Everyone was still worried for Reeka but reluctantly went to get changed. Damian gritted his teeth in anger as his plan had backfired. What's worse was he saw an outline of Jaydin's abs under his wet shirt, and saw the more developed 6 pack, furthering his anger.