toxic family

possible TW's:
mentions of hurtful words, verbal abuse, body shaming

based off of personal experience woohoo🥰

y/n's POV
today was just a really bad day for me. i haven't been the best mentally, and my family always just makes it worse, and by family i mean my mother and my brother. my brother body shames me, and my mother insults me in every way that she possibly can. today was one of those days where they were just harassing me all day, and i was close to reaching my breaking point.

"are you seriously eating again?" my mom said. "i haven't even ate today.." i said. "you've basically ate everything in the pantry, save some for your family," she said walking away. i closed the cupboard, now not even having an appetite. i pulled my phone out and texted matt, hoping he wasn't busy.

————

matt🤍

are you busy??

no, what's up baby?

can you come get me please? i need
to get out of this house.

i'm on my way baby, pack clothes for a few
days.. you can stay with us.

thank you. i love u

i love you beautiful, i'll be there in 10.

————

(wattpad is being so stupid i literally had them on both sides and this is what it did i'm sorry. so bold is matt)

i put my phone back into my pocket and went upstairs into my room, packing a few days worth of clothes in my bag, grabbing my charger, wallet, anything else i would need, and anything else i wanted to bring so my family didn't do anything to it. after i was done i had gotten a text from matt that he was here. i grabbed my bag and went downstairs, being stopped by my mother. "where are you going?" she asked.

"matt's." i said, walking past her. "of course you called him, i hope you know he doesn't really love you, this is charity work for him. look at you, how do you expect him to love you?" she said. i stood there for a second, staring at her letting tears fill my eyes, but i just turned around and walked out, slamming the door. i walked towards his car and he frowned, getting out. "what happened baby.." he asked softly, pulling me into his arms.

"i hate her, i hate my mother," i cried into his chest, or more like sobbed. the second he touched me i let the tears fall, which turned me into a sobbing mess. "shhh, it's okay baby, come on, let's get you out of here.." he whispered, giving me one more squeeze, before helping me into the car. "can we get something to eat?" i whispered as he started driving. "you didn't eat?" he frowned, grabbing my hand. "i tried, but my mom had some shit to say like always.." i said and he squeezed my hand.

"where do you wanna go baby?" he rubbed my hand with his thumb. "it doesn't matter, i could eat anything right now.." i said. we ended up going to wingstop, getting food for everyone and going back to matt's house. we got there and i immediately went into matt's room, not wanting to talk to nick or chris right now. "it's not personal guys.. she's having a bad day, she's gonna stay with us for awhile," i heard matt say, before coming into his room.

he came and sat next to me on his bed, setting the bag down on his nightstand. "come here," he said, opening his arms, and i made myself comfortable, laying my head on his chest and he held me tightly. "i love you, so much. i'm sorry you had a bad day baby, but i'm here now, i'll take care of you and help you feel better, i promise," he whispered, kissing my head. "i love you," i said, wrapping my arms around him tighter. "now let's eat and we can watch movies for the rest of the night," he said, and that's exactly what we did.