nerves

valentina-
i wake to a certain doberman lapping my hand, i reach to the nightstand to check my phone for the time. its dead. shit i forgot my charger. out of all the things i grabbed i forgot my fucking phone charger. a deep groan emits from the back of my throat. the other side of the bed is cold. he never came to bed. thank god, i'd didn't want to share a bed with his ass anyway. i'll admit, a nice round ass, but still an ass. i force myself to roll out of bed as cerby waggs his tail excitedly, "i'm up i'm up...go find your dad" cerberus whines in protest.

"fine. i'll go find him" the cold tiles are sending shivers up my legs as i quietly walk out of the room. i learned how to walk quietly when i was young. father never wanted me around his bedroom or office. he didn't want me to know what he was doing. from the tender age of 7 i knew what he did for work. i never brought him to career day, how was i to explain to a group of kids that my daddy kills people, launders money and deals drugs for a living. it would be frowned upon i believe.

i wasn't expecting to smell the most delectable food of my life. "good morning princess" that deep voice sent chills down my spine. one of the most irritating, maddening people was standing in the kitchen with a glass of orange juice and a plate filled with waffles was cooking for me. "how'd you sleep?" i snap out of my head. "fine. alone, yourself?" he looks at me tenderly, but he also looks at me like he would rather eat me than the waffles "i didn't" huh. he didn't sleep? i'm always tired.

i'm not sure how he wasn't. maybe he's a vampire and kills puppies in his spare time. that would make him less attractive. he sets the plate down in front of me

"eat" he says coldly. i stare blankly "i don't eat breakfast" he stops what he's doing and turns slowly on the heels of his feet "i didn't ask if you ate breakfast, i TOLD you to eat. now eat. we have things to do"

i peer at him with distain. if he thinks he's going to tell me what to do he has another thing coming. "fine. what are we doing" i say like the good little wife in supposed to be. if he wants me to play the part. i will, but ill be playing by my own rules. "you have a dress fitting today" fuck. the wedding. it's in 4 days now.

"fuck" i whisper i didn't think it was loud enough for him to hear me but apparently it was "you know v, girls like you shouldn't cuss. it's unbecoming of you" i look at him through my eyelids with my mouth stuffed with the waffles he made. they're amazing so amazing.

i roll my eyes so hard im pretty sure they could have touched my frontal lobe if i tried any harder. "you shouldn't be such a cock sucker. it's unbecoming of you" he looks at me with slight shock. "such a pretty girl with such a foul mouth. and don't talk with your mouth full, or i'll fill it with something else" i drop my fork with attitude

"would it be the barrel of the gun you keep under your pillow? that would be much more bearable than anything you have in mind." he looks at me with a angered look sprawled over his face. hah. valentina-1 douche- 0
father said i have to marry him, he never said i had to make it enjoyable. so i might as well make it uncomfortable for him. maybe he'll recant his proposal. with my luck though, he'll move the wedding up. i glance at the stove clock
10:37 am

i guess i really did sleep in. "valentina, go get dressed. the bridal shop is 2 hours away and we have to be there at 12" i huff. i hated him. why'd he have to be so hot. i hated him. thoughts race through my mind as i sloppily eat the rest of my food and haul ass upstairs. i rummage through his drawers to find something, anything to wear. it needs to be easily taken on and off. a white button up armani shirt, jesus does this man own anything other than armani? probably not.

his wardrobe choice has more personality than he does. it's all white and black. i choose the white shirt and a black little skirt i have with red chunky heels, my red lace bra shows through his shirt, i pair them with Prada sunglasses and a mini purse. taking one last glance in the body length mirror i settle with what im wearing. i don't have time to change again. i slump my way down the stairs and find alexander waiting for me, checking his watch impatiently.

"let's go" he says annoyed. i brush past him as we walk to the car or should i said cars. "can i drive?" i ask in the sweetest way possible so that maybe he might let me. "fuck no. no one drives my cars but me" he pulls my door open and helps me in the beautiful 1979 mustang "what the fuck are you wearing?" he says possessively "your shirt. problem?" he looks me up and down like i'm a meal he's going to devour before we get there "nope. no problem" he manages to grunt out. adjusting himself in his seat. i grin in satisfaction knowing how uncomfortable i just made him.

staring out the window i begin to drift off. into space, into sleep i can't tell which one.
we arrive at the bridal shop. it's beautiful and it's huge. these dresses are going to cost a fortune. but it's not coming out of my bank so i'll let him buy me whatever he pleases.
"Mr. Kane! how can we help you today!" a petite little blonde rests her hands on his chest. i feel a pang in my chest and a lump in my throat. i cut in "hi! yes we're looking for a wedding dress" i lift my left hand to move a non existent piece of hair out of my face, flashing the ginormous diamond ring on my finger, the little blonde removed her hands from my soon to be husband and opens her arms "ahh yes right this way..." "valentina" alexander states matter of fact. "right valentina" the blonde responds with distaste. this is going to be quite the experience for sure.
——————————————————————————
can you guys guess what the wedding dress will look like?!
comment it ;)