long way from home

valentina-
as i make it up to my room realization hits and my eyes start to tear up out of frustration, taking that moment to wipe my face and inhale the sweet smell of my bedroom, a rich and smooth scent  infiltrates my nostrils, that i know and love as lavender and oak. the same smell as the perfume my mother wore growing up, i glance over at the clock on my nightstand,
12:45

which means i don't have much time till my soon to be husband walks through the doors, walking over to my bathroom attached to my bedroom, i open the doors and soon close them behind me. i might as well take a shower so i don't smell. i turn the dial all the way, to the hottest setting, hot enough to melt skin off bones. i quickly strip myself of my clothes, pulling my mind and body out of the trance i set myself in, forcing myself to step into the shower. letting the hot water relax my previously sore muscles. i almost don't want to leave it feels so good. i spend a good 20 minutes in the shower before i come to the conclusion i need to get my shit together.

with less than an hour i knew i was going to have to rush to get ready. god this day could not get any worse. i keep a bare face when it comes to makeup with very little effort. a little mascara, blush and lipstick will do, sitting at my vanity i wonder if alexander knows what i look like. i walk over to my dresser, so slowly you'd think i was lethargic. i was definitely dreading this night. i chose a mid length cami top dress that stopped right above my knees and had a deep v plunge in the back that stopped at the very end of my back. the dress was a deep velvet red color that hugged my curves perfectly and showed off my long tan legs, around my thigh was a 3 set of throwing knives, below the knives was my favorite kind of gun, a glock 17.

i suddenly found myself self conscious in what i was wearing. no, i can't let this arrogant, selfish bastard of a man make me feel inferior. i am valentina gabriella hernandez. the daughter of la fieras leader. trained to kill and destroy anyone who stands in her way. after all my nickname was la femme diablo, and oh did i live up to it.

i craved the kill. the blood on my hands, the crimson red soaking into my clothes, the metallic taste and smell. nothing was better than revenge, snapping myself back to reality and taking one last look at myself in the mirror i nodded in satisfaction with how my reflection looked. holding my head high i confidently walked down the stairs, i came into view with my father, rather noticeably i saw a puddle of sweat pooling below his neck, if hes more nervous than i am, he sucks at hiding it. "papi...are you nervous?" my father turned on the balls of his feet he smiled slightly but i could see the glimmer of worry shine through his eyes.

the same man that has ripped someone's throat out with his bare hands for speaking to me with an ill tongue is nervous about meeting his daughters suitor...that he arranged. "no need to worry papi...everything's going to be okay" i let myself fake a humiliating smile, trying to comfort my father. which is weird if you ask me, he should be comforting his own child but what do i know. a slight knock sounded through the door, my heart stopped. he was here. i prayed alexander wouldn't show. but he did. Knocking on the door dressed in a well-fitted Armani suit. And

the more I think about it, it was less a polite knock and more a violent rupture through solid oak, burning down everything in its wake. now was the time to panic. my father looked at me wide eyed and nodded before he went to retrieve the door "Mr. kane, welcome. come inside please" my heart still felt still in my chest. like a deer caught in the headlights. tall dark and handsome, no scratch that, sexy just walked into my house like he owned it. his body radiated dominance, power, and strength. alexander kane. clean shaven, tall, and muscular, his jaw looked like it could cut through diamonds, his eyes were a gorgeous emerald green with small flecks of gold.

alexander looked like he was sculpted by gods. i wonder how he would be in bed- i shook the dirty thought from my head. this marriage is nothing but a piece of paper and i needed to remind myself well of that. many mafia men will marry for the alliances, they don't remain faithful to their wives and expect to have an obedient house wife. if alexander thinks ill be an obedient house wife he has another thing coming. i'll do well to remind him i have no problem slitting his throat in his sleep. my fathers gruff voice interrupted my thoughts "Mr. Kane this is my daughter, valentina gabriella hernandez." not letting him see my thoughts plastered on my face i looked him up and down "mr. kane" i said blandly, dry and with no emotion.

he doesn't deserve that out of me. at least not yet. alexander started at me. his dark green eyes pierced my skin, feeling like they were burning holes in my body. "valentina" my name rolled off his lips like it always belonged there. there was no doubt this man lived up to his reputation, but something in the way he looked at me gave me hope it wasn't all true. maybe, just maybe he was sweet and tender. i doubt it. but i had a glimmer of hope in my mind.
alexander turned to my father quickly.

"she will be coming home with me tonight and there will be no more discussion about it." my father nodded hesitantly as i stood there frozen looking between the two. i stuttered "i- uhm. i don't mean to be rude, but que carajo" i said with an agressive tone "valentina!" my father shouted, alexander looked at me and started walking. he closed the distance with 3 long strides. "valentina you will be coming home with me. you will not argue, go pack your things. now." i peered at him with disgust. "No me dirás lo que haré y lo que no haré. No soy una ama de casa sumisa. mantenlo en mente" (You won't tell me what I will do and what I won't do. I am not a submissive housewife. keep it in mind) my father looked at me with a violent expression behind alexander with a terrifying look in his eyes,

i could see the anger building up. not trusting what was about to come out of my mouth i rolled my eyes and nodded stiffly and made my way up the stairs rather quickly, slamming my door behind me, quickly grabbing bags and stuffing them faster than i thought i could with clothes, makeup, shoes and toiletries. the one thing i didn't want to do is anger two of the most dangerous and deadly men in the world that happened to be in the same room. i definitely lied when i said this night couldn't get any worse. it just did.