14 | oblivious

En başından başla

They stayed a little more at the café and Gyuvin came to know the other was a cat person. He promised to visit a cat café with him soon to which Ricky laughed and said, "We can go to another dog one instead. You seem really happy being here and I'm not even that much of an animal lover." Gyuvin smiled cheekily and scrunched his nose. "I'll take your words for that." He skipped his way out of the place, heart filled with joy. Ricky just stared at him from behind, disgustingly in love.

"Hungry?" Gyuvin asked from the front as they were walking mindlessly. Ricky nodded and affirmed very urgently. The latter smiled and stopped in his tracks for Ricky to catch up to him. He then locked his hands with the blonde, partly so he wouldn't escape and mostly cause it felt right.

"I'll take you to eat street food today." Even though Ricky denied and attempted to run away, he was unable to because of their joint hands.

"I'll get sick. What if I get diarrhoea?" He spoke through gritted teeth, desperate to change Gyuvin's mind and go with the safe option. "Then you get diarrhoea." Gyuvin winked.

"Fuck you."

"I'm straight."

Ricky groaned and used his free hand to hit the latter's shoulders. "Too bad you still can't get a girlfriend." Ricky teased when his heart was a crying mess in fact.

"I had one in middle school!"

"You were thirteen at that time." A laugh was released from Ricky's lips. "Like it really doesn't even count." He quickly added before the latter could come up with something else to defend himself.

"Whatever." The brunette huffed like a child. "My point is, you're eating street food with me no matter what." And it went on and on with Ricky saying 'no' and Gyuvin replying to that with a simple 'yes' every time until they reached the stands that sparked some gleam in Gyuvin's eyes.

Ricky sighed as the latter shot him a grin and skipped ahead to order for the both of them carefully sat down on the bench, at a minimum distance from the stand. He watched intently as his friend was conversing with the old woman, almost as if he were her own grandson. It took him a good five minutes to finish the small talk and accompany Ricky again.

"I asked her to put less spice for you." Gyuvin sat down beside Ricky as he spoke.

"I'm so blessed to have you as a friend, Gyuvin." Ricky replied with sarcasm, rolling his eyes. The former male just laughed and muttered, "You'll be fine."

"And if not?"

"Then I'll take care of you." Ricky stared at Gyuvin intently, for a few seconds. Each second passed by extremely slow, making Gyuvin feel slightly awkward. He was definitely not used to Ricky gazing at him like that with barely any distance between them.

"Okay." The blonde casually said and a sigh of relief left Gyuvin's lips.

They didn't have to wait long till the food was ready. Gyuvin ordered a plate of tteokbokki to share, a few chicken and pork skewers and fish cakes. Well, they looked appetizing even when Ricky was still against trying them.

After a few whines from the brunette, Ricky gave in and took his first bite. As much as he didn't wanna admit, the food was indeed good. His big eyes sparkled as he went for another bite. Gyuvin forgot about eating and focused on Ricky instead, who seemed to like the food.

"Why don't you eat?" Ricky asked, mouth filled with food. The latter nodded hurriedly and started eating as well. Korean grandmas probably had some superpower to make food taste so good.

"I told you they are amazing." Gyuvin chuckled because Ricky had to finish chewing all the food inside his mouth before replying.

"Hate to admit but you are right." He replied and went back for another bite.