Chapter Four - Aiden's POV

Picture of Jake Simms (Cameron Ugh)

Dedicated to @Molly_Huvler because i kind of had a writer's block and i was so incredibly happy and felt like writing again after she had voted on my story<3 so thank you<3

-----

From the living room I could hear the door being smashed open.

"Mother I'm home!" Jake called sweetly through the house.

My mom laughed. "Welcome Jacob."

"Thanks Ms. Pierce," he answered and winked at her. My mom giggled like a schoolgirl.

Jake was hot, okay? Even my mom thought that and he always used it to his advantage. He charmed teachers into giving him top grades as well as getting himself out of trouble. All he had to do was wave his eyelashes and work his magic. I had always been jealous of Jake because of that. He was amazing.

"Aiden's in the living room," mom told Jake. I could hear the smile in her voice.

A minute later a gorgeous guy I couldn't believe was my best fiend walked into my temporary bedroom. He wore a pair of bleached blue jeans, white converse and a white shirtsleeved dress shirt. His hair was combed to the side, his eyes sparkling and in his hands he held a bouquet of white lilies and red roses.

"You look amazing..." I whispered. I had seen him dress up before, sure, but this... Wow. Something about him was more stunning than usual.

"You don't," he answered and chuckled.

"Hey!" I exclaimed. I wanted to throw a pillow at him but I was too worried I would destroy the flowers.

Jake blew me a kiss. I stuck out my tongue at him and he laughed even more.

"Should I tell your mom to put these in a vase or something?" He asked me. "They're kind of a 'get well' gift from me, Sydney and Maya."

I smiled at him. "Thank you," I said happily. "Yeah sure. She'll take care of them."

Jake nodded and disappeared through the doorway again, in a flash.

Mom had forced me into a pair of black jeans, black dress shoes and a black dress shirt. Apparently broken ribs was no excuse to not wear proper clothing... I didn't feel comfortable in formalwear but if it made my mom happy I'd wear it.

Soon Jake returned. He went over to one of the armchairs in the room and sat down. This time there was a concerned expression on his face.

"But seriously, Aiden... How are you feeling?" He asked me.

"Honestly I'm okay," I replied. "It doesn't hurt so much right now and I have painkillers so it's okay. I mean sure, it hurts like a bitch when I do stuff but it's okay. It could have been worse." I offered him a slight smile.

Jake turned his gaze from me to one of the windows in the room. He gazed out into our yard, trying to keep his calm.

"I'm going to kill Rixon the next time I see him... That son of a bitch is going to pay..." Jake said through gritted teeth. "No one messes with my friend."

You haven't really done anything up until now, how's this different? I thought to myself and mentally rolled my eyes. I somehow understood though why he hadn't done anything. Rixon was big and he was friends with all the jocks and bullies. He could make anyone's life hell if he wanted to, he had just happened to choose mine.

I didn't Feel guilty over mentally insulting Jake but I understood him. I understood why no one had stop up against Rixon and his friends, no one wanted to be their new victim.