Chapter Three - Rixon's POV

Picture of Sydney Jones (Charlotte Destiny)

Song of the chapter - Take it Away by Ashes Remain

-----

When I got through the door I could hear my dad talking to someone over the phone. He often went home during lunch so seeing him wasn't very surprising.

"Just take it easy, Helen," my father told the person on the other end. "I'm sure he's fine. You're a doctor Helen, I'm sure you can help him as soon as you get there."

I hung my coat on a hanger and slowly crept into the kitchen. My dad saw me in the corner of his eyes and have me a slight nod in acknowledgement. He had a concerned look on his face.

"Yes. Yes. No I understand, darling," he told the person on the other line. "You just figure out what's going on and call me later, okay? Mhm... No, it's okay, baby. I understand completely, I'm a parent too. If anything happened to Rixon I'd be terrified. Okay... Yes. See you later, dear."

He hung up and put his cellphone on the kitchen counter. My dad sighed.

"What's up?" I asked him. I tried sounding normal, or at least neutral but honestly? I was scared. I was frightened and worried over what I had done to Aiden. Sure I had beaten him up multiple times beore but this? This was ten times worse.

My father shook his head. "Something's wrong with Helen's son. She got a call from his school about him being unconscious."

Helen Pierce was my dad's girlfriend. She was only 36 years old compared to my dad who was 42. Helen had a seventeen year old son as well, a year younger than me. I still hadn't met him yet though. Helen was a fully educated doctor at St. Monica's hospital. She was also divorced once before, like my dad. She was a really nice and funny person though and we got along great.

"Oh..." I said quietly. Somehow it made me think of Aiden and feelings of guilt blossomed up anew.

My father gave me a concerned look. "Is something wrong, son?" He asked me.

My father was a fully educated 42 year old psychiatrist. He met Helen through work when she sent a few of her patients to him for a psychological evaluation. They became friends and after a year of friendship they started going out for real. Even though my father was a shrink he wasn't one of those boring old geezers. He worked out four times a week and was rather tall and muscular. He looked young for his age and honestly he was quite handsome. Or so a lot of women said.

I shook my head. "No, just worried about her son. Is he gonna be fine? I guess this means we won't eat at their place tonight?"

Dad scratched the back of his head. "I think he'll be fine and we'll go to their place depending on how he's feeling. Helen said she would give me a call when she finds out what's wrong."

I nodded and swallowed hard. I hadn't met Helen's son but he seemed like a cool kid. He was interested in music and he wanted to either become a musician or a veterinarian. My dad had told me a lot about him. His name was Adam or something.

Dad looked at his wristwatch. "Look kid, I have to leave now to get back to work but you'll be fine right? Don't be late for your lessons and remember you're seeing Dr. Woo this afternoon so don't be late."

I nodded at him an sighed. Dr. Woo was my father's colleague as well as my Psychiatrist. Her real name was Susan Woo and she was a good person and cared a lot about me. She had been like a second mother to me since my mother died. Even if she was paid to listen to me ramble on about my life I could see she truly cared about me. She was an old family friend.

Dad picked up his coffee cup on the counter, swallowed the last coffee and then put it in the sink. Before I knew it he was out the door and I was alone.