Stumbling up the stairs with my things before opening the room I was given. The room was decorated with loud pink floral prints on the bedding and framed decor. Looking around in amusement as I kicked the door closed.

Desperate to get out of these clothes and take a shower from the hours I've spent traveling. Once I finished blow drying and curling my hair I got dressed in a short, high waisted black and white plaid skirt with a matching olive green top. Slipping into my healed Mary Jane shoes before facing the rest of the town.

Walking down the busy streets of town as no one stopped to recognize me yet. Before now I hadn't realized how much I've changed on the surface.

The town looked the same as it did the day I left. Which was oddly comforting. Only a few of the architectural buildings were improved and painted. A few of the shops had changed owners but overall it looked like it had been stuck in time.

On the way here, I called my mother to tell her I would be in town for the reunion and that I would visit her. I hadn't seen her since Thanksgiving last year.

Grabbing a cup of coffee before running into Connie as I turned a corner. "Beth?!" She beamed before engulfing me in a tight hug. "Oof." I was caught off guard as I quickly hugged her back.

"Hey, Connie." I smiled as we pulled apart. "It's great to see you again. I'm sorry it's taken so long." I said, making her wave her hand. "Don't worry about it. You're here now!"

"And you can finally meet my boyfriend." She motioned to the attractive man standing beside her. "This is Bethany I was telling you about." Connie grinned leaning into him as he held out his hand for me to shake.

"Our famous author. I'm Seth Harrison. It's a pleasure." He introduced. "We met when I needed my computer fixed. He's a software engineer." Connie gushed, grabbing his bicep, making me chuckle.

"There's a market for that here?" I asked, making him laugh. "We met at the hospital I work at." She explained.

"Oh, goodness, Beth, I'm so glad you're here! There is so much for you to catch up on." Connie said as I looked around.

"We're all going to Duke's Bar you should come with." Connie invited me as I hesitated. "Oh, come on! Everyone will be there. We're all looking forward to hearing all about your life." She beamed, linking her arm with mine as the three of us began to walk.

I followed in after Connie and her boyfriend as they walked inside with ease. The bar was full of dozens of conversations with loud voices, all of them competing with the loud classic rock music and the sports playing on the television. The crowd ranged from young to older folks sitting at the barstools.

This was the hangout place when we were kids. Of course then we were never allowed to order alcohol, we just came for the famous hot wings and burgers.

There was lively chatter coming from the tables and booths in the corner of the bar against the windows. A bartenders with rolled-up sleeves moving from one end of the counter to the other with his back towards me.

"Come on!" Connie motioned for me to walk further inside towards the large group of her friends. Noticing their familiar faces as they laughed and ate together, not yet noticing me. "Bethany?" Keith asked as his eyes met me.

"Keith? H-Hi!" I smiled as he quickly stood onto his feet. "You look great." I chuckled as his hair was now cut and styled neatly. All throughout high school he had a mullet and facial hair. He was the school's stoner and would occasionally sell it to students who wanted it.

But now he looked so put together it was strange. He looked healthy and happy. "Me? You look... amazing." He breathed pulling me into a hug making me chuckle as Molly rolled her eyes playfully.