𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑡𝑤𝑒𝑛𝑡𝑦-𝑓𝑜𝑢𝑟

CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR
A Dead Guy Out Of Water

They arrived in Portland and once again, they got to the motel. The drill was the same, except this time, they spent an extra day ahead of time doing research. Thankfully everything they had run into already, Preston knew what it was from previous hunts. She was hoping this time would be the same. It helped speed up the process.

Preston furrowed her brows at the news article. The only victims were men. All in a lake. It wasn't the Loch Ness monster, there was one option she was thinking of: Woman In White. It would make sense, she just had to see if those men were unloyal.

So, she decided to check it out herself while Enzo had a call with Damon. Preston arrived at one of the scenes. But it was over a bridge. Preston took a deep breath. She hated this. She hated this. She really hated this actually. Instead of going on the bridge, she walked down the steep hill leading to the lake.

Preston studied it, making sure it seemed fine, which it did. She looked around before finding a drifting body in the water. She put on her gloves and pulled the guy out of the river. She dug through his jacket pocket, and happily noticed his phone didn't have a password on it, so she went through the text messages, to which she grimaced at some of them. All of the names on his contacts matched the dead bodies, all of whom were unloyal to their girlfriends.

Preston sighed, taking her phone and calling Enzo. "Hey, dad. So, I was right, it's a Woman In White."

"You do realise you're talking to the parent that was never a hunter, right?"

"Preys on unloyal or unfaithful men, you know, ones who cheat on their wives, fiancées, girlfriends, etc." Preston informed.

"Well where are you?"

"Willamette River. It's not far from the motel." Preston told him, letting him hang up the call.

Enzo showed up in his leather jacket and saw Preston crouching down beside a dead guy. "A father's dream, he finds his daughter examining a dead body." He joked.

"The guy's been dead for at least a week, but I went through his phone, all of his friends were going through the same thing: cheating on their girlfriends with other girls. The Woman In White targets men who do that. So, all we have to do is figure out a way to find her and bring her to peace." Preston explained the plan.

"And I'm guessing you've already done this sort of thing before." Enzo guessed.

"Damn right. So, we know it's associated with water, each time. So, she drowned. She always asks the victims to take her home, crashes the car, and this one drowns 'em. So, we just have to drive like crazy. Believe me, she will appear. It's happened." Preston told him the plan.

Enzo sighed, putting his hands on his hips, "well, let's go catch this woman."

The two got into Preston's truck and waited until nightfall. Sure enough, the Woman In White appeared in the backseat, ordering them to take her home. So, Preston pressed on the gas pedal, already having apologised to Enzo in advance, who was shaking in fear and had his hands gripping the seat. "Preston..."

Preston had a dangerous look in her eyes and an evil smirk, then she braced for impact with the big old barn-themed house.

They managed to get the Woman In White home to her kids. So, Preston and Enzo immediately rushed out of there. Preston's wounds from Bloody Mary and the Woman In White still hurt like a son of a bitch as she drove off, breaking many laws as she did.

Enzo knew his daughter had hunted more things than any person could think of. He remembered everything Mary had told him when they met. All of the hurt, all of the death, the losses, the pain, the sacrifices, the torture and torment each time she had gone on a case. Enzo looked at his daughter, who was driving. She looked like a mix of him and Mary with a hint of her own self. Hell, she took after the both of them, personality and action wise.

Preston got Enzo to look on his phone to see if there were any more cases that needed fixing. And there was: Atlanta, Georgia. And both knew damn well it was demons.

Preston just somehow dragging the guy out of the water without hurting herself while doing so is >>>

Preston: *thinking about food or cases*
Enzo: *thinking about how she's similar to Mary & him*

Okay, bye!