𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑒𝑖𝑔ℎ𝑡

CHAPTER EIGHT
New Achievement Unlocked

Elena had pressured Preston into going with herself and Damon to find Liv so she could send Damon and Elena to the prison world to get Bonnie. So, there they were, walking in the woods to find Liv at a grave.

"Hey. Thanks for doing this." Elena thanked Liv.

Liv stood up, brushing the dirt off her clothes. "Don't worry about it. I needed an excuse to get out of that frat house. Way too much boy. Gross." Liv replied. "You got everything?" Liv checked.

"Yup. Blood from a Bennett. Lucy, to be exact. And an Ascendant from whatever the hell your last name is." Damon said, handing the two things to the witch.

"Parker. So this is the famous Ascendant." Liv mused.

Preston thought of everything that happened in those months her, Damon, and Bonnie were gone. She had to remember to tell Cami later. That was the deal. Cami was going to be her therapist, free of charge, but Preston had to offload as much as she could, which was very hard for the hunter.

"I'm surprised that Jo gave it up." Liv commented.

Elena's brows furrowed, "why?"

"It's the only thing keeping Kai locked in his prison. If he gets out, he's coming after Jo." Liv glanced at Damon, who was moving in his spot uncomfortably.

"Well... good old Jo. Helping us out. Can we do this, please?" Damon rushed out the words.

"Whatever. So I'm gonna need the moon to activate the Ascendant. It will be viable for about eight hours, so once I send you over, the clock's ticking." Liv explained.

Liv handed both Damon and Elena the vials. Elena furrowed her brows. "What about Preston?" She wondered.

"I talked to Liv an hour ago. There's something I gotta do here, well, sort of here. I am here as your moral and emotional support person." Preston explained to Elena.

Liv explained how it all worked, prompting Elena and Damon to down the vial of Liv's blood. Liv poured the blood into the Ascendant and started to chant the incantation. Then both Elena and Damon disappeared, leaving it to just be Preston and Liv.

"So, why are you keeping the whole therapy thing a secret?" Liv questioned Preston with her arms crossed.

Preston inhaled sharply and shrugged. "Well, when you grow up in a shitshow of a family, you tend to bury everything deep, plus there's too much to unload. I don't need Elena worrying more than she already does. I'll be back later." Preston turned around, starting to walk away when Liv started speaking again.

"Have you ever tried doing a spell?" Liv asked out of curiosity.

"I'm not a witch." Preston denied quickly.

"You're not just a psychic and a clairvoyant. I can feel it. Maybe you're not a full witch, but you're definitely something more than what you and everyone else thinks you are. And I think you know that. So why don't you want to test that?" Liv questioned.