𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑓𝑜𝑢𝑟

CHAPTER FOUR
We're Going Home

"You're in a good mood for the first time this Decade. Stop that. Both of you." Bonnie said to both Preston and Damon as they walked in the woods during daylight.

    "I get to go back and listen to other people tonight." Damon answered.

    "And I got a date with my girlfriend tonight, plus I get to see my very normal father figure." Preston replied.

    "Yeah, assuming Kai's telling the truth." Bonnie responded.

    "Maybe dinner and a movie." Preston said aloud.

    "Yeah, and assuming I can do the spell, which I won't know until I see it." Bonnie added.

    "What happened to hope, Bon? Remember how I was all like, boo, grr. And you were all, 'Hooray, hooray! We're getting out of here'." Damon exclaimed, mimicking Bonnie.

    "Look, I wanna go home more than anything, but Kai's a sociopath. Who's to say he won't screw us over?" Bonnie reasoned.

    "Me. I say. Because I will kill Kai and anyone who comes in the way of me going home."

    And somehow that summoned Kai. "I heard my name. All good, I hope."

    "Do you just lurk everywhere?" Preston questioned.

    "Hey, not all the time." Kai defended.

    Bonnie glared at Kai.

    "The eclipse will happen directly overhead. Perfect alignment with the Gemini constellation. You dig into the tunnels below us. We'll do the spell there." Kai stated.

    "Why?" Bonnie asked.

    "Have you never portal-jumped through an eclipse before?" Kai asked.

    "No— actually, yes, yes we have... we're professionals at it. Professional portal-jumpers through eclipses." Preston sassed.

    Bonnie sighed in disappointment at her sass.

    "Okay, look, the light of the eclipse will shine down and activate the ascendant. You spout a little witchy woo and then, poof, anyone standing in the circle of light holding the ascendant goes home." Kai further explained the process.

    "By 'witchy woo', I assume you mean the spell. Let me see it." Bonnie said, referencing the spell.

    "When the time comes." Kai said suspiciously, starting to walk away.

    "Where are you going?" Damon questioned.

    "Into town. I need to gather some important supplies." Kai answered. When he walked away, he swung around a tree.

    Damon continued digging the hole, eventually Kai showed up.

    "Looks like I got back just in time." Kai said.

    Damon placed the pickaxe down and sped over to check what Kai got. "Zima, grunge, every Alex Rodriguez rookie card known to man, and a pager, really?" Damon listed the things.