jump rope

Alana couldn't stop thinking about last night. It had been almost twenty-four hours and she still couldn't help but think about what happened.

_________________________________

"Rafe, what do i do?" She shouted. "WHAT DO I DO?" She repeated, clinging onto the cuff of his shirt. "Shut up! Okay? Just.. just shut up, B." Rafe said, holding the palms of his hands to his forehead. "Here, take his feet. Take his feet." Rafe ordered, placing hands on her shoulders and leading her back to the body.

"Okay, three.. two.. one.. lift." Rafe breathed, his voice low and grated. Alana lifted up his feet, gasping at how heavy he was. "Bring him to the water." Rafe said, looking to the left as he carried Brent's shoulders towards the ocean. "Have you ever played jump rope? Pretend he's a jump rope. So we swing and then drop on three. Okay?" He explained, looking up at Lana for sign of conformation. "Okay, Alana!" He shouted, making the girl flinch.

"Okay, okay." She whispered, taking a first swing of his body while Rafe counted down. When he got to three, she threw his feet, hearing a loud splash sound after a few seconds. "Rafe.." Lana whimpered, running up to the boy and placing arms around him.

"We gotta go." He grumbled, taking Lana B into his arms and walking back to the direction of his car.

"What the hell happened?"

_________________________________

Lana was lying down in her bed, one hand resting on her stomach while her head laid on the other. They had found the gold. They were going to be rich.

Alana already knew what she was going to do with her share.

She was going to save all of it.

Lana knew that it was almost certain that clues of Brent Asher's murder would be inevitably traced back to her, so she planned on keeping the money and investing in a lawyer. She knew damn well that cops on the Outer Banks played dirty, and she planned on rolling the dice when her turn came.

Alana also knew what she was going to do about the child.

That was the only plan of the two that she was currently executing, as she marched down towards JJ's house.

_________________________________

"JJ?" Lana shouted, knocking on the old, rusted front door. "JJ!" She repeated, raising her voice and pounding on the door.

"Who the fuck is it?" Alana heard him shout from inside, the abrupt sound making her flinch. "Lana!" She said, holding her breath as she waited for the door to open.

"Hi." JJ whispered dryly, pulling the door open so that they could barely make eye contact. "We need to talk." Lana said, pushing past him through the door and entering the house, scrunching her nose up at the smell. "Is anyone else home?" She asked to which JJ shook his head. "Look, Lana, I don't think you understand. We're done, finit, slut, understo—" the sudden speak of her voice cutting him off.

"JJ, I'm pregnant." Alana blurted out abruptly, far more abruptly than she had originally planned.

"Oh."

Lana felt tears well up in her eyes. "Oh? JJ, are you serious? You got me pregnant." She shouted, emphasising her last sentence.

He sighed, running a hand through his hair, "look, Lana, I can't give you anything. I'm broke." He muttered, looking anywhere but her. "I dont give a shit. You either help me parent this kid or you pay child support. And I don't care if it lands you on the streets." She spat, turning around and leaving his house.

JJ's pov:

I held my hands against my head as a way of regulating myself, because what the fuck just happened?

"No, no, no!" I shouted, throwing a can of beer across the room. "Shit." I whispered, resting my elbows on my knees and pulling at my hair. "SHIT." I repeated louder, standing up from the couch and stepping towards a wall before punching it.

Pov ends.

_________________________________

"Shit." Alana sobbed, walking home as the pouring rain coated her clothes and hair. "What did I do?" She whispered to the ground, salty tears getting mixed with the cold water racing down on her. "What did I do?" She screamed, tilting her head upwards. "What did I do!" She repeated, sobs becoming louder and voice scratchier.

"I'm sorry I killed him! I'm sorry, please just let me wake up!" She screamed into the silence. "Wake me up!" Her voice was beginning to ache.

John B watched the pathway, listening to the sound of rain pattering on the grass. He straightened up when he saw his sister walking up, standing up and sprinting towards her when he saw her tear stained face. "Come inside, it's pouring." He whispered, tugging on her arm and turning back when she didn't respond.

"Lana? Lana, what's wrong?" He asked, frantically shaking her shoulders. "John B." She whispered, leaning into him. "Shh, it's okay. Let's just go inside." He soothed, putting arms around her. "What did I do wrong?" She sobbed into his chest, leaving the poor boy at a loss of what to do. "Nothing, you didn't do anything. Let's go inside." He muttered, putting an arm around her shoulder and leading the crying girl inside.

"I'm sorry." She whispered, looking up at the sky. "Please just leave me alone."

A/N

so depressing n for what😒

jkjk I love this chapter, I hope you all do too but I'm always open to input or corrections.

papa j