chapter 11

They had spent the whole day together at the mall strolling around aimlessly, being careful not to be seen by anyone who knew them or their parents. Their fingers entangled sometimes with each other as they walked side by side with huge grins plastered across their faces. They didn’t need too many words to know how the other was feeling. Their eyes had done most of the talking for them.

Pat couldn’t believe he had gone to the mall to preserve his sanity and had returned with insanity instead. It felt like insanity to know that he had a boyfriend now. Pran. The Pran Parakul was his boyfriend. It felt electrifying to say Pran and boyfriend together in the same sentence. They had returned home just a couple of hours ago and he already missed Pran. Pat was lost in his thoughts while laying on his bed with Nong Nao in his arms, one of its ears in his mouth, his eyes unfocused and staring at the ceiling.

What was Pran doing?  With that thought, he sat up and crawled across his bed on all fours to look out of his window. Pran’s room was still dark. He was about to go back to his previous position when suddenly his boyfriend’s room was flooded with light. Pran had just entered his room in his pyjamas with a towel over his head and his tshirt missing. Pat could feel his mouth drop open and eyes widen. Pran was beautiful. So beautiful, he could turn Pat into a poet. He was fresh out of the shower and Pat wondered what his room was smelling like right now. But why was he speculating about it when he could just go over and confirm it for himself.

That was enough motive for him to jump over his railing to get to his Pran. By the time he swung his legs over Pran’s window sill, he had already put on a shirt and was drying his hair with the towel. He seemed startled to find an intruder in his room when he turned around, which made Pat smirk. He was getting better at crossing over noiselessly and this skill would come in handy now that they were together.

Pat strode over to him, grabbed the towel from his hands, and took over the drying process. Pran’s eyes closed as he enjoyed his boyfriend’s pampering. Deeming his hair dried enough, Pran took his towel back and turned to hang it on the hook behind his door. He locked the door and turned off the light before turning back, leaving the room in the soft glow of yellow night lights.

Sitting on the edge of his bed, Pran patted the space next to himself and Pat didn’t need to be told twice. He jumped on the bed and Pran almost bounced off of it, glaring at him. Pat scooted closer, faced him, and tried to look apologetic but his huge grin wasn’t helping. Pran couldn't hold back his own smile and Pat knew he was forgiven. Moving his face forward, he inhaled deeply, taking in Pran’s scent. How could someone smell so good?

“Huh?” Pran tilted his head trying to understand his mumbling.
Oh. Did he say that out loud?
“You smell good. You smell so damn good.” Pat inched forward with every word, ending up with his nose in the crook of Pran’s neck. “ I like it.” He inhaled again, dragged his nose up along the other’s jaw. Turned out Pran was really ticklish, especially along his neck, and couldn’t control his giggles when tickled there. Pat started blowing air under his ear earning him more giggles from Pran and Pat thought that was the most beautiful sound he had ever heard.