What happened this Summer Part 1

The best thing about dreams is that fleeting moment, when you are between asleep and awake, when you don't know the difference between reality and fantasy, when for just that one moment you feel with your entire soul that the dream is reality, and it really happened. But for Kelly Severide, his dreams are actually reality now. Well, actually his reality is better than his dreams.

Everything he has ever wanted is his now. "Quit staring at me, Kelly," the half-sleep girl said with a grumble.

"Never," he said, as he pulled her closer to him. "I can't help it; you're so damn sexy in the morning."

She opened her eyes. "Just in the morning," she said playfully.

He rolled her over on her back so he could stare into her hazelnut eyes. "All the time, you're even sexy when you have no make-up on, wearing a big shirt, jogging pants, and your hair is in a sloppy bun." He caresses her cheek. "When you go for a jog and you come back all hot and sweaty, that's when you're really sexy." 

"Whatever?" She laughed. And playfully slaps his chest.

"Seriously, you are the most beautiful girl I have ever met, and I can't believe you're all mine." He told her in such a loving tone. He never thought the day would come when he could finally call her his girlfriend. It took a while for them to get here, but boy, is he happy to finally call her his.

She wrapped her arms around his neck. "Well, believe it," she whispered, right before he kissed her sweetly. His hands are roaming her body. "Mmm..." she moaned as his phone went off.

"Ignore it.." He said as he attacked her lips again.

"It's probably your mom." She said as he started to kiss her neck.

"Damn it!" He groaned as he jumped off the bed. "I totally forgot I was supposed to meet them at the airport."

She laughed as she lay there watching him, searching for his clothes. Her phone rang. "I bet I know who that is," she teased. "Yep, it's your mom."

"Tell her I already left." He tells her as he buttons his jeans.

"Yes, Sir." She winked. "Hello... Good morning, Mrs. Severide," she smiled at her boyfriend, who was putting his shirt on now. "Oh, yes, he already left; yeah, he told me about the barbecue, right? I'll see you later." She hung up the phone. "I guess we forgot to set the alarm."

"No, no, you forgot to set the alarm, sweetheart."

"Oh, I was a little distracted last night." She gives him a teasing smile. 

"I love distractions."

She smiled, "Mmm, me too." She bit her lip. "I'm feeling a little weird about something, though."

"What?"

"Well, besides Matt and Gabby and your parents and my mom, no one else knows about us."

"That's because everyone we know was out-of-town this summer." He tells her  as he walks over to the bed. 

"Now that they are coming back, Violet and Carver should be back today, along with Tyler, and... 

"So?" He interrupted her. He was disliking the look of worry and distress on her beautiful face. 

"So. That's what I'm feeling weird about. Kelly, how are they going to react?" 

"I have an idea." He sat down on the edge of the bed. "Let's break up, then we don't have to tell anyone anything," he said, giving her a smirk.

"Hmm, very funny."

"I thought so." He leaned down and kissed her. "But then I would be so heartbroken."