Chapter 6: The Hope That Everything Ends Well

Start from the beginning

- It's okay, you don't need to worry. - Husk stood up and noticed Angel's eyes on him. - What do you think of cooking at home then?

Angel smiled first, although it wasn't a big smile, he was trying to show that he was grateful for Husk's kindness and consideration, who smiled back then.

- Come on, change your clothes and meet me downstairs. - The feline didn't wait for a response before leaving the door and heading down the hallway.

The demon smiled, shaking his head and got up, deciding that he would no longer be in that wave of depression, and after taking a shower and putting on some comfortable clothes, he went down after Husk to the kitchen. Husk was already sorting some ingredients when he arrived and sat down.

- Here, help me chop these vegetables. - Angel gave him an incredulous face, he had never cooked before. - What's it? Did you really think you were going to sit there and watch while I do all the work? - He pointed a carrot at the other with an accusatory look. - Come on, get your skinny ass over here!

Holding back his laughter so as not to give up, the older man got up and went to where Husk was, starting to cut the vegetables that the other was passing him, being the perfect helper, in the words of the Overlord. They didn't talk much, but Husk put on a playlist and then they got caught up in that familiar, homely atmosphere.

Angel only discovered the lunch menu after they had finished and then he asked the youngest what they had cooked. - It's an "Italian" pasta with ricotta cream and sautéed vegetables. We also have a bolognese picanha and a tomato salad.

After the brief presentation that surprised Angel, they both sat together at the table and, to Husk's happiness, they engaged in a light and fun conversation. As soon as they finished the meal, the oldest placed the dishes in the dishwasher and went to the bedroom, lying back under the covers, this time without becoming an adorable pile of blankets. Husk entered soon after, returning to sit on the edge of the bed.

- What can we do to make you feel better? - No answer. - I'm worried about you Angel, it's the first time you've eaten and interacted in days. We can go to the hell mall if you want, buy clothes and eat hellish ice cream. What do you think?

- I don't want to leave Husk. I don't feel excited, nor ready for this. - The voice came low and muffled by the pillow.

- Is there nothing you want to do? Anything?

He thought for a few seconds until an idea flashed in his mind. He sat up and looked at the feline with his eyes shining with excitement, although he didn't let it show on his face. - There is something we can do.

.

.

.

.

The light in the room was yellowish and the sound of the television on, broadcasting some program, was the only sound in the room besides Angel's humming. Husk was sitting next to him, with boredom on his face, which was covered in some facial cream that he didn't recognize, but that the taller man assured him would be good for his hair. His hand was on top of a cushion that resided on Angel's lap, while he was sanding and applying some other products that he was also unfamiliar with.

After he mildly insisted to try and cheer Angel up, they went on a sort of "Spa Day". Like him, Angel also had his face smeared with facial cream and his nails done by Husk who, despite himself, made an effort to do a good job on the other's nails.