Chapter 2: Your Gorgeous Boy

Since he was alive, Husk has always had a habit of living alone. Even after his death and rise to fame as an overlord, he maintained this custom, simply because it was part of who he was. Furthermore, Husk never harbored the desire or ambition to establish relationships or form a family and move away from loneliness.
Upon arriving in hell, he initially had casual one-night stands with some demons, female or male, or neither, or even both, anyway. He never got used to getting deeply involved with someone, and as his fame grew, he attracted the attention of malicious and ill-intentioned people who tried to have a one-night stand with him, leading him to abandon this practice. After all, as the saying goes, it's better to be alone than in bad company, right?
Either way, Husk got used to the constant silence of his apartment, where he was the only source of sound. So it was a real shock for him to wake up to shrill screams echoing through the hallway.

He was still a little groggy from sleep but he quickly got up and ran towards the sound, which was coming directly from the room where Angel was staying. Husk didn't hesitate to forcefully open the door, fearing that something bad was happening to Angel. However, the vision he had was of Angel in bed, with his eyes tightly closed, both pairs of arms wrapped around each other, in a failed attempt to protect himself. He screamed loudly and said almost incomprehensible phrases, but Husk was able to make out the name "Valentino" and "stop please".
So it was Valentino that the pinkette was dreaming about, and apparently they weren't on good terms. He was clearly distraught and scared.

Angel was having a nightmare.

- Please don't hurt me... - Angel said in a low, broken voice and then sobbed. - I swear I will be a good boy, I.. I will behave..

Husk hesitated. Feeling his anger towards Valentino growing even more, he walked until he was close to the demon's bed as he continued to scream. - Damn Angel.. - He looked around without knowing what to do. - How can I touch you while you're sleeping? You might be even more scared...

The feline didn't know who he was talking to, but he hoped that something would hear him and give him some idea of what to do. His mind was clouded and confused between anger and despair, it seemed like a loud alarm was ringing in his mind, while red lights flashed. When Angel began choking and sobbing loudly, Husk decided he must act, regardless of the consequences. - I'm sorry Angel. - And then he grabbed the tallest one's shoulders and started shaking him, calling his name several times, hoping that would be enough to wake up the tallest one and hoping that he wouldn't get too scared.

Angel Dust woke up to a very deep rush of air. He was panting and his eyes spilled the tears that had been held back until then. The first thing he saw when his eyes finally focused, was the pair of golden eyes looking at him worriedly, looking for any sign that something was still wrong. The demon was scared and couldn't hide. Husk's hands were still on his shoulders and now they felt like they weighed tons. The heat of them against the bare skin of his arm made him feel sick. Angel placed his head back on the pillow, and turned his face to the side, closing his eyes tightly again, hoping that Husk would be quick with whatever he wanted to do.
Husk found himself in that act, some unpleasant memories invaded his mind and he walked away as quickly as lightning. He hid his face in the shadows made by the little light coming through the window when Angel looked at him in surprise and confusion.

- I'm sorry Angel. - He started with a low voice. - I didn't know what else to do to wake you up. I... - He hesitated. - I just want you to know that I would never do anything and I will never do anything without your consent.

Feeling suffocated by the lack of response, Husk turned and left, closing the door so quietly that Angel wasn't able to hear and wouldn't believe it if he hadn't seen it happen. He sighed deeply, feeling confused. For a second, he feared. The things he heard from Husk were not pleasant and followed a set of acts similar to what Valentino did to him. He felt a little surprised when he noticed the overlord's presence, but then he resigned himself. That's how the world was. For a second he had thought that Husk might be nice and pleasant because of the way he was treated at the casino, but in the end he was as the rumors said. But then he walked away, and apologized. And Angel couldn't understand.
His mind was used to constant mistreatment and abuse, so he couldn't understand why Husk hadn't done it. He couldn't find any reason why the overlord wouldn't want him, he couldn't see through his actions and he couldn't help but feel suspicious and fearful.