Chapter 6: The Hope That Everything Ends Well

Sadness is not just a feeling, but also a state of mind. Yes, sadness is generally considered a state of mind or an emotion characterized by feelings of melancholy, discouragement, grief, or disgust. It is a natural response to painful events, losses or disappointments in a person's life, or demon's.

Angel Dust had recently experienced painful events and disappointments. Although he had become accustomed to Valentino's constant abuse and aggression, he was now living a life that allowed him to be psychologically healthy, very well paid and happy. He had already experienced happiness when he was alive, but due to his family conditions, he rarely felt happy, and after he died and arrived in hell, he was trapped with the moth for years until it passed into Husk's hands.

That reunion between the devil and the moth was something akin to throwing a stone into a small house of cards. Everything he thought was stabilized within himself was disturbed and reduced to dust. Angel felt broken, unprotected and realized how fragile his happiness was. He felt afraid, afraid of how easily Valentino was able to get to him and hurt him, even though the place was full of people, he still managed to open a gap and sneak through it, using his sharp claws to reach Angel.

The Overlord knocked twice on the door before opening it due to the pinkette's lack of response, and entered the room with light steps. He was worried, it had been a few days since Angel hadn't left his room, and consequently he hadn't eaten. Even if he went there every day and left a tray, it would always be untouched when he returned at the end of the day.

Her eyes swept the room in search of the slender figure, but found only a small mountain of balled up blankets and Husk already knew that was where Angel was. He walked over to the bed and sat down next to the small pile.

- Nuggie misses you. - He said quietly, feeling the warm sun coming through the window and touching his back. - He spends most of the day lying in front of your door. - He had no hope of hearing an answer since the demon had been hiding there for days, in silence, isolated from the hell outside.

Surprisingly, the small mountain moved. - He cried?

Husk laughed. - Pigs don't cry Angel. - He smiled even though he couldn't see the other's face. - But he screamed a lot, didn't you hear?

The pile of blankets shifted again, falling to the side and revealing her slender, pink body. Husk smiled affectionately at him and touched his face with one of his hands, making a simple caress, watching him close his eyes and lean over his hand.

- How are you? - The velvety voice was present.

- I'm fine. - He wasn't well, and Angel's voice sounded hoarse after spending so many days without drinking a single drop of infernal water. He felt weak and drowsy, although he didn't want to sleep, and he knew it was due to the number of days without eating. His stomach growled. - But I'm hungry.

- Come on, what do you think about going out for a bit? We can eat something at that restaurant you like and then take Fat Nuggets for a walk in a park, how about that?

- I'm sorry Husk, but I'm not in the mood to leave yet. - He clasped his hands together in an attempt to hide from the feline that the vaguest idea of leaving still terrified him.

Angel had constant nightmares in the last few days, nightmares where Valentino was chasing him and although he ran a lot, he didn't move. He also dreamed that Husk didn't like him anymore and had returned him to the moth, he felt goosebumps just remembering it.