As she cooked, Avery's thoughts drifted back to Omar and the mark he'd made on her life in just under two months. She loved the way she felt in his presence; he made her feel wanted.

Outside of their undeniable sexual chemistry, their friendship blossomed and grew. She enjoyed his company and missed him when they were apart.

"Good morning, buttercup," Chaney smiled softly as she walked into the kitchen, tightening the strings of her robe around herself as she came to stand at her best friend's side.

"Good morning, boo," Avery greeted with a warm smile. "I'm making breakfast for Cass."

Chaney's eyes lit up with excitement. "That's so sweet of you! She's going to appreciate it," she said, grabbing a piece of bacon from the plate. "And where's Omar? I thought he'd be attached to your hip."

Avery chuckled, flipping a pancake on the griddle.

"He's in the gym working out, although he did spend most of the night attached elsewhere." Avery smirked, making Chaney do the same.

"Oh, I bet he did," Chaney raised an eyebrow playfully. "Well, I'm glad to see you two are enjoying one another's company."

"So am I, and this weekend is supposed to be nothing but fun, but all I can think about is Brooke," Avery revealed.

She hated the way things were left between them. Avery wanted to speak to her friend and find out if she had done something to her that she was unaware of.

Avery completely understood her apprehension when it came to Omar, but as time went on, she couldn't help but feel there was more to it.

"She seemed cool when I met with her for lunch earlier in the week, she told me she was going to call you," Chaney said as she reached into the cabinet to grab a cup.

"I hope she does," Avery replied, her expression thoughtful. "I just want to clear the air and make sure there are no hard feelings between us."

Chaney nodded in understanding, pouring herself a cup of coffee. "I'm sure everything will work out. Just give it time and let things unfold naturally."

Avery smiled gratefully at her friend's words. She knew that Chaney was always there for her, offering support and guidance whenever she needed it. As they continued to prepare breakfast together, Avery felt a sense of warmth and comfort surround her, grateful for the love and friendship she had in her life.

The sound of footsteps approaching the kitchen made Avery turn around, and she saw Omar entering the room, a satisfied smile on his face. "Breakfast smells good," he said, walking over to give her a quick kiss.

Avery blushed as she watched him, the way he effortlessly moved around the kitchen, helping her set the table and pour orange juice, made Avery's heart swell with affection.

"Oh my God!" Chaney mouthed, making Avery turn away from her in an attempt to hide her face as she watched the way Omar and her best friend moved around each other. It was clear they were two people with feelings for one another, whether or not they have been expressed to each other clearly.

"Don't try to avoid eye contact with me, you guys are so obviously into one another. You've got that man acting like a housewife," Chaney said teasingly, making Avery cup her mouth to keep from laughing.

Avery couldn't deny the truth in Chaney's words. There was a connection between her and Omar that went beyond just physical attraction. It was a bond that ran deep, filled with understanding. As she looked at Omar, setting the table with a gentle smile on his face, Avery knew that she was falling for him more and more each day.