Chapter 10: Trust No One Pt.2

Cassandra's POV:

After a while, I woke up, back on a boat. "What the-?"
I was...tied to the steering wheel, not a person in sight.

I moved a bit, struggling to free my hands from the rope. Once I did, I looked around. Where was Rapunzel?

For a while, I paced around, trying to think of what could've happened. That's when it hit me. Rider. The Stabbingtons. They did this!

"Oh for the love of- Rapunzel?! Raps?!" I called out, hoping Raps would come out or something. Nothing.

Without a second thought, I ditched the idea of catching Rider and got back in the boat, rowing back to where I was before, then heading into the forest, dagger in hand. I had one thing in my head:

I was going to find Rapunzel.

Rapunzel's POV:

Back at my tower, Mother was taking the flowers out of my hair, and undoing the braid. "I told you, you can't trust anyone. Now, sit in here, where you're safe, my dear." She said, then left the room.

I sat there, thinking.

"How...how could she do this to me..?" I muttered aloud. I just...didn't think it was possible...I couldn't...I couldn't handle it.

In my hand, I held the Coronian symbol thingy that Cass had given me. The more I stared at it, the more pissed off I got. I wanted to throw it, but as I stared, I couldn't help but think that I've seen that sun a thousand times before.

I looked around my room, seemingly having the symbol everywhere. That's when it hit me. I looked very similar to the baby on that mural...my birthday was on the same day as hers...

I quickly stood up and ran out of my room, standing on the staircase. "I'm the lost princess..." I mumbled.

Mother was sitting at the bottom of the stairs, and she turned around, speakingin an annoyed tone. "Speak up, Rapunzel, you know how I hate the mumbling."

This time, I spoke louder. "...I'm the lost princes!"

Mother stared at me in shock, but that only lasted for a second. Her expression was annoyed again, "Now darling, where would you-"

"Don't play dumb with me, Mother. Or should I even call you that?"

Cassandra's POV:

As I walked through the forest, i finally came across the vines that led to Rapunzel's tower. I decided to search there, since I didn't find her anywhere else. I also ran into Owl! I couldn't find Fidella though...

Anyway, I pushed through the vines, and walked up to the bottom of the tower. "Raps? Raps! Hey, uh- let down your hair, if you're there...or something...I uh- kinda lost my dagger!"

After a few moments, Rapunzel's hair flew down the side of the tower. I climbed up, but when I did, I saw Rapunzel chained up, a gag over her mouth.

"Raps!" I rushed over, crouching infront of her. "What the heck happened?"

Just then, I heard a song I could've swore I've heard before...but that's besides the point. I heard Rapunzel utter a muffled "Cass!" But I ignored it, looking in the shadows.

"Well, well, isn't it Cassandra, my beloved daughter."