Ⅱ. 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐒𝐢𝐝𝐞𝐤𝐢𝐜𝐤

❝ 𝐑𝐮𝐧, 𝐛𝐚𝐛𝐲, 𝐫𝐮𝐧, 𝐫𝐮𝐧 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐥𝐢𝐟𝐞𝐈'𝐦𝐚 𝐭𝐞𝐚𝐫 𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭, 𝐢𝐭'𝐥𝐥 𝐚𝐥𝐰𝐚𝐲𝐬 𝐛𝐞 𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐞

 𝐑𝐮𝐧, 𝐛𝐚𝐛𝐲, 𝐫𝐮𝐧, 𝐫𝐮𝐧 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐥𝐢𝐟𝐞

𝐈'𝐦𝐚 𝐭𝐞𝐚𝐫 𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭, 𝐢𝐭'𝐥𝐥 𝐚𝐥𝐰𝐚𝐲𝐬 𝐛𝐞 𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐞
...

─────────────────

────────────────

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐎.

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐒𝐈𝐃𝐄𝐊𝐈𝐂𝐊

─────────────────

As the sun dipped below the horizon, casting long shadows across the rugged terrain, a scene of pursuit unfolded within the crevasses of a deep canyon. Sonic, the indomitable blue blur, raced through the rocky landscape, his determination palpable as he chased after his arch-nemesis, Dr. Eggman. High above, the villainous scientist piloted his iconic Egg Mobile, its mechanical whirring echoing off the canyon walls as he sought to escape Sonic's relentless pursuit. With every twist and turn, Eggman's laughter carried on the wind, taunting Sonic as he manoeuvred his craft with skilful precision, determined to evade capture at all costs. But Sonic was undeterred, his determination burning bright as he navigated the treacherous terrain with unparalleled speed and agility.

"You can't lose me, Egghead!" Sonic bellowed, his voice echoing off the canyon walls as he closed in on his quarry.

"Eggman!" His fist slammed against the controls of his Egg Mobile with anger, causing the vehicle to shudder under the impact. "You know my name is Dr. Eggman." he retorted, his voice laced with frustration and defiance as he fought to maintain control of his craft against Sonic's relentless pursuit. He arches his fingers menacingly to add evil triumph to his name, turning around while emphasizing the action of lifting his arm, bending the elbow, and swiftly moving the arm to the other side with the hand enclosed in a fist as if making a mistake.

"You do that on purpose!" Eggman consolidated, his words tinged with irritation as he accused Sonic of intentionally misnaming him, the ongoing banter highlighting the antagonistic dynamic between the two rivals.

"Do what, Egghead?" Sonic called back, his arms stretched out behind him as he dashed forward with a bright smile, his annoying antics adding to Eggman's frustration. With each playful taunt and mischievous grin, Sonic's relentless pursuit became not just a battle of speed and skill, but also a test of Eggman's patience and resolve. With each leap and bound, he closed the gap between himself and his enemy, the thrill of the chase driving him ever onward. As the chase intensified, the canyon echoed with the sounds of their pursuit, the clash of metal against rock mingling with the whoosh of the wind as Sonic pushed himself to the limits in his quest to thwart Eggman's evil plans once again.

The wind whipped up the sand, sending clouds of dust swirling through the air with every sharp turn Sonic and Eggman made.  As they weaved between the rocky outcrops, the swirling sand added an element of chaos to the chase, obscuring their vision and heightening the tension of the moment. Neither Sonic nor Eggman showed any signs of slowing down. With determination in their hearts and the wind at their backs, they pressed on, each determined to emerge victorious in this high-stakes game of cat and mouse.

 As Sonic continued his relentless chase with Eggman, his path suddenly came to a pause, his trademark red and white shoes scraping against the rocky ground with a screeching sound that echoed through the canyon. With a grimace of tension etched across his face, Sonic braced himself against the sudden halt, his muscles tensed as he finally was near the edge of the area.

"Woah-woah-wo-woah!" He prevents himself from slipping to the dead end, his eyes widening from the terrifying moment. He was experiencing a scene with towering rock walls, with jagged edges, carved over millennia by the forces of erosion while characterized by intricate patterns of sedimentary layers, displaying the passage of time through its stratigraphy. Light filtered down into the depths, casting shadows and highlights that accentuated the rugged terrain. Sonic stood there frozen in shock, seeing how the place underground was layered with stairs leading to the bottom.

"It all ends here, old friend." Eggman villainously spouted, his words hanging in the air like a dark omen while he spreads his arms wide in a mocking gesture of welcoming his death. The canyon seemed to hold its breath, the air heavy with anticipation as the two arch-nemeses stood face to face, the tension between them visible.

"Prepared to be destroyed... By Burnbot!" Eggman's arm points behind him to a compact robot with a flat, cylinder-shaped black torso with a red frame. Below its head, three cyan lights illuminate its features, while spiked shoulder guards add a menacing touch. Its arms, made of black cables, sport red gauntlets and black pincers. Meanwhile, its legs are slender with red wheels instead of feet. The head is a simple black and white cap with cyan eyes and sharp eyebrows, lacking a mouth. Its eyes glow forbiddingly, radiating with sparks of blue and white while it deadly stares at Sonic.