Chapter 13 - Sunday

War POV:

Yin and I were up all night watching Pirates of the Caribbean movies. It was fun until Yin adapted the pirate, Captain Jack Sparrow to be precise, talk.

I decided to sleep when I saw the first light of day and Yin used the fifth "Savvy?" of the night.

We even purchased swords so that we can have a fight later.

It was so fun to spend time with him. I didn't need to change something about myself. He wasn't exactly loving them, my flaws, but he was tolerating them in a light manner. I realised the way he treated me was the way I wanted to be treated my whole life.

He wasn't thinking that I was perfect (to be disappointed later), he was just seeing me as who I was.

I never thought someone who saw the worst of me could still be this kind towards me.

Even I wasn't kind to myself on my bad days.

He really was a nice guy.

I woke up to see the space next to mine was empty. Yin had this L shape sofa and we turned it into a bed last night. We watched the movies on it. I slept first but I thought he would lie down next to me. Of course, it wasn't as comfortable as his own bed that he went there to sleep. Understandable.

I got up and began to tidy the place up a little trying not to make so much noise.

Then I heard keys.

I got the pillow as my weapon of choice in case it was a burglar.

Not the smartest thought I produced.

When I saw Yin, I exhaled a deep breath as I was relieved very much.

"You can take that pillow with you if you like."

"Huh?"

"You're grabbing it too tight. I thought you liked it."

"Oh. Yeah. I...thought you were a burglar."

"What kind of a burglar has keys?"

Yin said in an amused tone while he was putting the bags in his hands to the kitchen.

"A practical one! Obviously, he executed a plan to get the keys and succeeded. It's way easier to break in with keys."

"And what were you going to do with that pillow? Invite him to a fight?"

"Why is it a 'he'?? Can't women be burglars? Where is gender equality??"

Yin just chuckled, came close to me.

"You're adorable when you're helpless."

He leaned in and pinched my cheek.

He was very handsy with me. I wasn't like that with any other of my friends. Maybe except Win. He always showed his affection by touching too. But... I don't know. It was different than Win.

I thought I would hate it. Because I was a shy person, I didn't like to be touched that much. And I was acting annoyed when he got too mushy with me, in reality I really felt happy whenever he touched me. Guess, I really liked physical affection when I thought it was genuine.

He was doing it so softly. I felt like I was being adored.

"Where did you disappear?"

"I bought us some groceries to make us breakfast."

"You mean lunch."

"First meal of the day. So... breakfast."

Yin tied up his hair in a very little bun.