I was confused about what he meant so asked "What do you mean?" Before he could reply my phone blinked in notification and it was a message from Aditya.

"This," he indicated to the message which I received. I finally understood what he meant so I glared at him. "What? I don't want to go there but was it good?" he asked me.

"Are you mad? Nothing like this happened. I was late so I ran that's why I was breathless," I told him which was half a lie but who would tell him?

I opened a message from Aditya and it was a photo of a lipstick mark that I gave him. I blushed at seeing the picture.

We reached the destination when Shlok said "Come on wifey it's time to meet my in-laws."

Then we went inside and were engulfed in a hug by Mom. "I missed you," she told me while hugging me. I also missed her and our time together.

"I missed you too," I kissed her cheeks and removed her tears. She is such an emotional person and can cry anytime.

"I think nobody missed me," Dad came from behind and I broke the hug. I ran straight into his arms and it felt like I was a child again. I felt like a little girl again and it feels good to be back at home.

"Now come on let's eat dinner," Mom informed us, and Dad welcomed Shlok by hugging him. Then we proceeded to the dining table. Mom has cooked all my favorite dishes and I love how they are pampering me not their son-in-law usually it's the other way around.

We all started eating our dinner and had a conversation about our lives. Like Shlok shared about his business updates and I explained about my office work.

After dinner, I decided to help despite her saying no. We both were in the kitchen and having our daughter's Mom time like we used to have.

"You seem happy," she told me out of nowhere. "I am always happy Mom," I tried to reassure her.

"You might smile for others but real happiness is seen when you are glowing," she explained. "Your face is glowing and it can be seen clearly," she continued.

"Yes because of Aditya" I wanted to admit to her but kept my mouth shut. "It is because I am meeting you guys after so long," I told her and kissed her cheeks.

"I wanted you to stay happy always," saying she kissed my cheeks back.

"Mom, how do you know that you are doing the right thing?" I asked her without giving any indication of the situation.

"There is no right and wrong Pihu. For everyone right is different. Remember one thing if you feel whatever you are doing is right then go for it," she explained to me.

"But if the society thinks you are wrong and blame you," I wanted to know her thoughts on this.

"Society is composed of we people only so no need to worry about them. Your happiness matters the most and it should be your priority. Remember society might criticize you but won't be there when you are not doing well or are unhappy. They will speak for a few weeks or maybe months but the guilt of you not doing right for you will eat you. You won't be able to face yourself," I loved how she encouraged me even without knowing.

"I don't know why you are asking all this. I won't force you also but always remember me and your Dad will support you in every decision," she cupped my face in both her hands.

She continued saying "For us your happiness is our top priority. You are our princess we don't care what society says."

"Thank you, Mom. I am lucky to have you as my parents," I admitted honestly. They were like my backbone no matter what the situation was.

"And we are also proud to have you as our daughter," she hugged me and now I was in tears.

She cleaned my tears and said "Stop these tears, princess. If your Dad sees you like this he will surely take my class thinking I made you cry."

I laughed knowing she was telling the truth. My Dad hates my tears and always used to scold Mom if he saw tears because of her.

"Now let's join them before you Dad come running down here," saying she cleaned my face. Then we both joined Shlok and Dad.

"Stop all these business conversations. You are making him feel like he is some office meeting," Mom scolded Dad.

"No, actually I am enjoying it. I love to know his advice on this," Shlok defended my Dad.

"But we both are getting bored," I told them and went to sit near my Dad. "OK princess, anything for you," his response made me smile.

"Now Shlok hope you are not troubling my daughter. You know I have a gun which I know how to use," my Dad threatened him.

My Mom glared at my Dad while I laughed at his cute threat. Shlok was looking everywhere so I came to his rescue and said "Dad you should have asked the other way around."

"My princess can never do anything wrong and even if she does she might have some reason," my Dad concluded. I love that he trusts me so much but I feel maybe my relationship with Aditya is wrong. Maybe I might hurt him when he gets to know.

"Dad stop with all these questions," I told him and tried to save the Shlok.

"Princess come on I was just having fun," I rolled my eyes at his answer.

"I was really afraid thinking you have a gun," Shlok tried to lighten the situation. I was thinking really man? What a liar he is.

I looked at the time and said "I think it's time for us to." "You can stay for today," Dad advised.

"Dad I will come later for now we need to leave," I told him and started to get up.

"Yes, now she has her home to take care of, and responsibilities," Mom tried to console him.

"Fine but try to come early and stay for some time," Dad devised the whole plan. "Of course Dad I will stay for a month," I promised him.

"Shlok you can also join," Mom made Shlok included in the conversation. "I will try my best," Shlok replied.

Then I hugged both of them and said our byes. Shlok and I sat in the car and started to drive towards home.

"Shlok I needed to eat the ice cream," I asked him out of nowhere. I don't know why but I wanted to have the ice cream.

"Fine there is a shop in our way let's eat there," he agreed and I smiled that he agreed without throwing a fit.

He parked the car in the parking lot and there was a cute cafe with a glass window. "You want to come or should I bring it here?" he asked me.

"I will also come with you," I suggested and we started to get down from the car. When we came out of the car Shlok steps halted.

He was looking somewhere and I followed his vision. There stood the love of his life with someone. What she did next made my eyes wide open.

Author's Note

Hello lovely readers 🙋‍♀️

What do you think Shlok might have seen?🤭