𝟎𝟎𝟔

The group stood around the Iron Gauntlet, as Tony referred to it as.

"All right, the glove's ready," Rocket said. "Question is, who's gonna snap their freaking fingers?"

Thor walked over. "I'll do it."

"Excuse me?" Everett asked, incredulous.

Thor held a hand up to her dismissively. "It's okay."

Tony tries to stop him, and Steve puts a hand on his chest.

"Thor. Just wait," Steve said. "We haven't decided who's gonna put that on yet."

Thor looked at them in shock. "I'm sorry. What, we're all just sitting around waiting for the right opportunity?"

"We should at least discuss it," Scott adds.

"Look, sitting here staring at the thing is not going to bring everybody back." As Thor spoke, Everett shared a long look with Bruce. He shook his head slightly, but Everett nodded. He sighed but didn't say anything.

" I'm the strongest Avenger, so this responsibility falls upon me. It's my duty."

Tony stepped closer to Thor and put his hands on his shoulders. "Normally, you're right."

Thor grabbed Tony's hands, his eyes welling. "Just let me do it. Just let me do something good, something right."

Everett felt Thor's conviction in her core, but she knew that he wouldn't survive it.

"Look, it's not just the fact that that glove is channeling enough energy to light up a continent. I'm telling you, you're in no condition." Tony's voice was firm.

Thor kept pressing. "What do you think is coursing through my veins right now?"

"Cheez Whiz?" Rhodey commented, giving Thor a side-eye.

Thor ignored Rhodey. "Lightning."

Everett knew she had to intervene now, or someone else would.

"Lightning won't help you, Thor."

All eyes turned to her. Steve's filled with fear.

"It's gotta be me," Everett states softly, not accepting any argument. She stepped closer to the glove, but Steve grabbed her shoulders and made her face him.

"Ev, think about this for a second," he said. "Did you hear what Tony said?"

Everett nodded. "I survived continuous contact with the Power Stone for 4 years. I can do this."

Steve sighed. "You're not gonna listen, are you?"

Everett let a smirk creep onto her face. "You know me so well."

Everett stepped around Steve and picked the glove. She could feel the energy coursing through it.

"Hey, kid," Tony said. Everett looked at him. "Try this on for size." Tony threw a black diamond at her chest, and she was enveloped in a black suit with purple ombré flames. A mask came over her face, and now she was seeing everything through a computer lens.

"Good to go, yeah?"

Everett nodded, calming her racing heart.

"Let's do it."

Tony faced her, his expression serious. "Okay, remember, everyone Thanos snapped away five years ago, you're just bringing them back to now, today. Don't change anything from the last five years." Everett locked eyes with Tony, and she knew what he was referring to. But she knew that even if she tried, it wouldn't work. So, she nodded.