𝟎𝟎𝟒

They walked into the hangar as the sun rose. Suited up, the fear was palpable. But so was the hope. Everett could feel it hanging in the air, barely out of reach. Bruce went to the control panel and started getting everything ready. The rest of them walked up to the platform and formed a circle. They all put their hands into the middle, as one team.

Steve inhales and prepares. "Five years ago, we lost. All of us. We lost friends, we lost family. We lost a part of ourselves." His eyes landed on everyone. "But today we have a chance to take it all back."

Everett shook her hands, calming her racing nerves. She looked at Steve, and a smile came over her face.

This is it.

"You know your teams. You know your missions." Steve's deep voice echoed around the hangar, making his words hang heavier. "Get the stones. Get them back. One round-trip each. No mistakes. No do-overs. Most of us are going somewhere we know. That doesn't mean we should know what to expect. Be careful. Look out for each other. This is the fight of our lives, and we're gonna win."

Tony looked at Steve with a skeptical smile.

"Whatever it takes."

Rocket looked up at Scott. "He's pretty good at that." Scott nods enthusiastically.

"Alright, you heard the man," Tony says to Bruce. "Stroke those keys, Jolly Green."

Bruce taps in the command and lights illuminate the pad. "Tracking beacons engaged."

Clint opens his hand and Everett sees a miniature spaceship resting there. Rocket eyes the ship and Clint with apprehension.

"You promise to bring that thing back in one piece?" Rocket asks.

Clint nods not overly concerned. "Yeah, sure thing. I'll do my best."

Rocket rolls his eyes. "That's pretty lame, as far as promises go."

Bruce joins them on the platform. Nat bounces back and forth, a smile on her face.

She looks at Everett and Steve. "See you in a minute."

With a sudden whoosh, they are all thrown into the Quantum realm.

————————————————

Everett popped back into existence and fell on her knees. She clutched her head, sucking in quick breaths. Her head was spinning, and memories and thoughts were crashing around.

Everett felt a hand on her back, rubbing slowly. "Breathe, Ev. In and out."

Tony helped Everett to stand, one hand holding her arm and the other wrapped around her back.

"You good, Sparkles?" Tony asks. Everett nods. Tony holds on to her still, letting her know where to go to get the Sanctum.

"Okay, Park Avenue's that way. Let's huddle up."

Steve moved closer to the mouth of the alley, looking at the destruction around them. "We've all got our assignments. Two stones uptown, one stone down. Stay low, keep an eye on the clock."

2012 Hulk bounds down the street and roars. He smashes a Chitauri with a taxi and scares another away.

Bruce looks away, cringing.

Everett shakes herself. "Okay, Bruce. You ready to go?"

Bruce nods and takes her small hand in his big one. "I hope you know what you're doing, kid."

Everett looks at Steve, Tony, and Scott. A rare smirk crosses her features. "See you later, boys. Try not to mess this timeline up too badly."

Everett snapped her finger, and her and Bruce disappeared in a spiral of smoke.