I. all the other kids

all the other kids

a few years earlier

a few years earlier.

Confederates are stupid, the lot of them. They'd gotten more tolerable but Aaron rarely saw them to his relief; he would never understand how slave owners or sympathisers would get into Elysium. One he met was named Zaiden, in Stonewall's brigade.

"Aaron Grant?" That was the first words he heard drop from Zaiden's mouth. Aaron looked behind him. "Zaiden Beauregard." Aaron did not smile at Zaiden who was beaming.

"You're a demigod too?" Zaiden asked. "Is it surprising? I'm a son of Nyx. How about you Zaiden?" Aaron asked.

"Ares. Look, I'm sorry." Aaron looked at him weirdly, Aaron and Zaiden had never spoken. What could he apologise for?

"For what? We've never spoken before this day..?" Aaron asked the blonde boy, he was still wearing his Confederate uniform. "I'm sorry for not joining the Union. I couldn't.." he whispered.

Aaron looked at him confused, "You couldn't join.. why not?" He asked. Zaiden took a deep breath. "Wellbasicallyidatedoneofjeffersonssonsandhewouldntletmeleaveevenafterhissonlefttotheunion." He explained at a sonic speed.

"Woah Zaiden. That's rough. Lincoln, right?" Aaron asked. Zaiden nodded, Aaron grinned. "Good man, you want to see him?"

Zaiden nodded. "Stay here." Aaron told Zaiden. Aaron found Lincoln, explained while Lincoln was restlessly waiting to see Zaiden. Aaron led him to Zaiden who was waiting as patient as he could, they saw each other and Lincoln basically flung himself into Zaiden's arms.

Aaron couldn't help but smile slightly at the sight, "Glad you can see each other again." Aaron told the two happy and energetic couple. Lincoln stood up and helped up Zaiden, they both looked at Aaron gratefully, "Aaron, thank you so much." Lincoln first spoke. Zaiden nodded vigorously in agreement.

"Your welcome, Yankee Eater." Aaron showed a sly grin at the two people, Zaiden stepped forward, "Technically i was a confederate soo-" Aaron cut him off with an unamused look, "You were born in New York, Yankee. And it's to mess with you. Wonder who else i could call a Yankee Eater." Aaron grinned.

"Uh oh, he's got ideas." Lincoln joked earning him a punch in the head from Aaron. "Ow." He winced. Zaiden chuckled. Then someone appeared in front of them.

"Hello Kiddo, Kiddo's boyfriend and Grant." The man, Ares, addressed them. "Dad?!" Zaiden was confused at his appearance. "Wait hold on why am i kiddos boyfriend?" Lincoln randomly asked.

Aaron kept his arms folded, "Sup Ares." Aaron nodded.

"Yes Zaiden, it's me. Your Zaiden's boyfriend. 'Sup Aaron." Ares answered everything. "Why are you here?" Lincoln asked. Ares nodded. "Thank you for asking that Abraham Lincoln."

"Excuse me-?" Lincoln yelled, Ares ignored him. "My useless daughter Clarisse somehow got herself a quest, bunch of confederates are going. Can't trust them, but i can trust you guys," Ares told them simply.

"You barely know me but, 'Kay." Aaron shrugged. Ares grinned, "Knew you'd be up for the challenge."

"Nah, not really. You're a god and I'm still preparing ways to make you so embarrassed you shit yourself." Aaron told him, it was so honest it was brutal. Ares' eye twitched but he didn't say anything, if Zeus was afraid of his mom and this guy was a descendant of a lot of Gods. Then he wasn't going to piss him off.

"Alright, just go." Ares ushered them off. Lincoln stepped forward, "How?" He asked. "Yeah." Zaiden agreed. "Dad, you can tell us if you're blund. Don't worry, we're dead so we technically can't leave this place." Zaiden added.

"Oh right, blah blah blah you can leave whenever," Ares said and then disappeared.

HE WASN'T WRONG. Because they did leave in the end. And they were stuck with confederates. "Zaiden, looking as great as ever." Their leader, Thomas who Aaron nicknamed Tuna fish, grinned at Zaiden. Zaiden did not have a reaction on his face. He stepped and saw the next person.

"Lincoln, although you ran away we still have respect for you. Lord." Thomas grinned at Lincoln, Lincoln did the same as Zaiden. Thomas looked at Aaron and his face fell into shock.

"A-A-Aaron.. Gr-Grant. Looking amazing and great and amazing.. Great Aaron Grant.." He blabbered like the scaredy cat he was. Aaron nearly choked on his breath.

"We going to stand here or what?" Aaron asked.

"We'll.. start going." Thomas grabbed his crew and they walked ahead.

Aaron's face twisted in a look of distaste, "Bunch of little sissy scaredy cats."