𝔓𝔯𝔬𝔩𝔬𝔤𝔲𝔢

- SAOIRSE CASPIAN WOKE UP EARLIER THAN USUAL. It was a Sunday morning at the start of September. She bounded downstairs and quickly made pancakes and bacon for her mom. She carefully balanced the food onto a plate and walked back upstairs. Coughing and sneezing came from the door to her mom's room as she approached it.

She twisted the handle and went into the room, closing the door behind her and turning on the lamp on the nightstand beside her mother's bed.

"Mom," she said. "I brought breakfast."

"You're so sweet, darling," she said, smiling weakly. She tried to reach for the food on the nightstand, but a series of coughs came from her mouth again. She dropped her hand back onto the bed.

"I already called Kas," Saoirse told her. "She'll be here in a few hours. I got the invitation this morning." She held up a piece of paper, her invitation to Unicorn Academy.

"That's amazing," her mom replied.

~~~

All of Saoirse's bags were at the front door when a knock came from it. She opened the door and found her older sister, Kassidy, waiting there.

"Kas!" she exclaimed, wrapping her arms around her sibling in a hug.

Kas let out a small laugh. "Hey, Sesh," she greeted her little sister. "You ready to start your first year at the academy?"

"More than anything," Saoirse responded excitedly. Then, her mood dimmed slightly. "But...is Mom going to be okay?" Kas knelt down to eye level with Saoirse.

"Hey, you don't have to worry," she told her. "You did great, okay? But now it's my turn." the sound of a bell came from the direction of the docks outside.

"Bye, Kas," she called to her sister as she grabbed her bags and raced towards the boat waiting for her.

"Bye!" Kassidy yelled after her although the sound didn't carry far over the wind and did not meet Saoirse's ears.

A/N

hey guys this is my first unicorn academy fanfic, it's a bit of a kids show but its pretty good, for those of you who haven't watched it, it's on Netflix, and for those of you who have I hope you enjoy this fic and have a marvelous day

- Tourmaline<3