All Aboard the SPZ Ladybird

Two hundred and fifty meters long and twenty meters up, polished wood, nigh impenetrably skin for the envelope, massive propellers that nearly touched the lower level of the boarding dock on each side of the gondola and its name painted in cursive on the envelope, the Ladybird was truly a sight to behold.

At least that's what Mark thought as he stood in the shifting crowd, peering up at gorgeous airship.

So far he'd seen no sign of the Hemsworths and no signal had been given to board. But that time should be soon, temperatures skyrocketed quickly even in the outskirts of the metal city and he was already feeling toasty though his woolen suit was light.

"Mark!"

He turned around and saw Mr. Hemsworth and an equally chubby woman cocooned in a white fur coat coming towards him.

"I was beginning to worry," he said with a smile. "As were we. Then we saw your head sticking out like a badly installed chimney," Mrs. Hemsworth quipped. He chuckled. "But what a dashing misplaced chimney you've turned out to be," her husband remarked, gesturing at Mark's pressed frock coat, white vest and high waist pants.

Mark bowed his head and said softly, "Ah, thank you sir."

Then a sharp whistle interrupted their conversation. "All aboard the SPZ Ladybird!" commanded a shrill female voice.

At once the air was filled with indistinguishable voices as the crowd surged forward.

"Thank heavens, I was worried we'd have to stand here for a little longer! Come along Mark," Mrs. Hemsworth quipped as the chubby couple went on each side of him and ushered him forward. Mark's heartbeat picked up instantly. This is it.