Chapter 2: ''Getting Familiar''

Start from the beginning

After exploring my house for a while, i now know where every single room is. So i decided to start preparing for the day as i see that the time is merely 3:41 am, and i'm not going back to sleep.

DogDay's POV

I woke up way more excited than usual, because there are new critters! I want to get to know them both!! And we'll be the best of friends! So without looking at the time to even consider going back to sleep, i rush out of bed to get ready for the day. I have a job on the weekdays, considering it's Monday, and that is to wake up the children so they can get ready for school. That is if they do sleep.

After finishing my routine i rush out the door closing it behind me only to see that it was still dark. I was confused as to how i didn't notice the dark sky when i was inside from a window.

DogDay: Huh? How didn't i notice it's pitch black outside? Did i even check the time? What is the time?-

From somewhere in the darkness, a voice spoke up.

???: Last time i checked it was 3:41am.

This voice startled me as i didn't expect someone else to be awake at this point.

DogDay: *Scared* W-Who are you!? Where are you?!

???: Hey, hey, hey. Calm down a bit alright? Just look over to your right. And don't freak out. We don't want to wake up anyone else here.

I didn't want to, i was reluctant, hesitant, scared nonetheless! But i followed his word. And to my relief, it was just CatBat with his glowing pendant! 

DogDay: Oh thank god, it's just you!

CatBat: Whaaat? who could i else be? Elliot Ludwig?

I burst out laughing. Not by the joke itself, but the fact of imagining CatBat showing up with Elliot's voice. The laughter didn't last for long though as CatBat covered my mouth. I was about to ask why, but he was a step ahead.

CatBat: Shhhhh, we don't want to wake the others do we?

I shake my head a no while trying to stop my laughter. When it eventually did he removed his paw from my mouth, and i started a small conversation.

DogDay: So, CatBat, why are you awake so early?

CatBat: I could say the same thing to you. It's 3: something.

DogDay: I didn't know it was! I was just so excited for today! I knew i was gonna get to know you and CatNap, and i just stormed out of my house!

CatBat: You want to get to know me?

...

I looked at him with an ''are you serious'' expression. Wasn't it obvious? He got here yesterday! He's a new member of our group! Heck, He's my neighbor!! Of course i want to get to know him! and it looked like he understood my point as well.

CatBat: Nevermind, dumb question. But either way, we should probably go somewhere else than in front of your house if we want a moment of ''getting familiar.''

Hearing this my ears perked up, we could just go inside!

DogDay: We can go inside.

I opened the door to my house and rushed inside, holding the door open for him.

CatBat: A'ight sure, it'll work.

My tail started wagging broadly as he walked in.