Chapter 14: A Letter Written

"Huh? What's this letter doing here? 

It had the gold seal.

My dearest Flora,

My dearest Flora,

Though the walls of the iron barred cage I'm being held seem to stretch endlessly in the darkness of the new moon, I sit down and sigh in sorrow, I find hope in knowing you share a similar confinement within the Dead Moon's custody. Even in the darkness, the thought of you, my sister, offers a beacon of warmth. I am writing this letter via a piece of chalky rock I reached for.

I feel a longing for the days we spent exploring Elysion's radiant fields, the golden sunlight warming our laughter as we explore the woods, despite our annoying parents yelling at us for exploring.

Now, all I feel is darkness and coldness, and I feel alone. I know we had our moments of conflict, fighting, and sibling rivalry, but you were the sweetest sister anyone could ever have, to be honest, I think I won the lottery of sisters. At the end of the day, I am your brother.

Despite the despair that threatens to engulf me, just the thought of you is a warm light throughout my body and my soul.

I remember your immovable spirit, your very sweet and delicate voice, your sparkling, pink retina burning pink eyes that were full of shine. Whenever I feel upset, and feel like crying, I remember you and your kindness. You always are here and present, and I know after this is all over, we will reunite and it will be amazing, we can once again have an amazing time together. I promise to attend all your harp recitals, and maybe help you regrow your garden that was destroyed by the darkness of the once gleaming and luscious Elysion.

Though the Golden Crystal is hidden and still sealed away, its power, like our bond with each other, can never be broken. I can still feel your presence.

The thought of you and how brave it you must be to be away from me for such some time, nothing can stop my spirit, or my heart.

One day, I am certain, that we will see the light we havent seen in such time, will pierce through the Dead Moon's veil, destroying them. Until then, hold onto the precious memories we have shared, talking together and laughing together about funny stuff, i hold on to the unbreakable promise that we will certainly see each other again, once we cross paths again, we will think of it as a fresh start.

With everlasting love and hope for reunion,

Helios

I pretty much cried while reading this letter

I said "I'm going to write him back.."

After I wrote my letter, also with words of encouragement, I sent my letter over to where Helios was being kept.

He smiled.

Helios thought "I'm going to write her back."