ch:7: winter

seungmin laughed, his eyes shaping into cute little moons and his hands went up to his mouth to cover his cute braces, a habit he had developed ever since he was 16.

hyunjin loves everything about seungmin. everything.

until a new student joined their classroom. always making seungmin laugh because of some shit hyunjin doesn't find funny. he doesn't deserve to hear seungmin's beautiful laughter and witness seungmin's smile after all of the things he did to seungmin.

apparently, this new student called jay used to be seungmin's bestfriend.

and hyunjin already knew about it because when they were 14, seungmin ran to him and sobbed about how mean jay was to him and how jay don't want to be his bestfriend anymore.

hyunjin remember how seungmin was unable to move on from jay because he adore jay so much. ‘jay love this, jay love that, jay used to, jay always—’ that annoys him so much but of course he never said a thing.

“are you free later?”

that question made hyunjin's eyes narrow, looking (glaring) at jay suspiciously. he doesn't like how jay come back just to grab seungmin back.

as seungmin opened his mouth, hyunjin coughed loudly just to grab seungmin's attention. of course seungmin immediately looked at him worriedly, “are you okay?” he asked, putting a hand at hyunjin's back.

hyunjin feel warm.

hyunjin nodded, still having small coughs. “y-yeah... i think im going to get sick... can you accompany me walk home?” hyunjin asked, faking his glossy puppy eyes.

seungmin, a people pleaser that's probably too kind and pure for this world, agreed. of course he cannot resist hyunjin. never.

__

hyunjin's breath hitched, “sometimes—sometimes i wish i had never met you. thats—thats probably the worst thing i had ever said but—” hyunjin hiccuped, his tears neverending. his eyes glistened in the moonlight, mirroring seungmin's eyes. “wh—why, jinnie? i don't understand...” seungmin looks like a kicked puppy, hyunjin actually felt bad.

“it—it hurts.” hyunjin whisper, wiping away his tears angrily, looking at seungmin with bloodshot puffy eyes. seungmin's eyes were full of questions, searching and searching for answers in hyunjin's eyes. “why?” he whispered. his nose was red, very cute. maybe its because of the very cold weather or because the two cried their hearts out in the middle of january, sitting outside of their teacher's apartment on a playground where there's mostly snow or the slides and swings.

hyunjin sniffled loudly, “meeting you—meeting you was the best thing ever—i- minnie, i've been in love with you but—” snowflakes fell to seungmin's cheeks and nose, trying to distract him from hyunjin but seungmin just can't. especially when hyunjin looks so beautiful when he cries with snowflakes decorating his hair and cheeks.

seungmin sniffled, looking at hyunjin vulnerably, “but why, jinnie? what's stopping you from loving me?” he asked, he sounds like a fool. “i love you so much, jinnie. this is just hurting the both of us.” seungmin whispered, his eyes glistening with tears under the stars in the sky. hyunjin just cried at seungmin's confession and hugged seungmin tightly, pressing his face on seungmin's neck.

seungmin didn't mind or flinch at hyunjin's cold tip of nose and wet and cold cheeks. “i love you minnie.” hyunjin mumbled on his neck.

seungmin smiled, his hand playing with hyunjin's hair, “i love you too, jinnie. so much.” he replied fondly, hugging hyunjin more tightly.

“do you wanna be my boyfriend?” seungmin asked, very confident that hyunjin will be his boyfriend tonight. of course hyunjin said yes. he'd be a bigger fool more than he is if he say no.

suddenly, hyunjin picked up seungmin from the ground and twirled around, making the both of them giggle. “kim seungmin is mine!” he stated proudly which made seungmin feel so giddy.

its made him happy.

without hyunjin realizing, he accidentally pressed his lips on seungmin's cold ones. the tip of his ears became redder, so does his cheeks. his eyes are big too. “s—sorr—” before he can even finish his sentence, seungmin pressed their lips together. “i love you!”

a/n: this is so rushed im sorry, i hope its fluffy enough.