Just then, a ping from my phone interrupts my spiraling thoughts. It's a text from Rae. I open it quickly, hoping for news about her mother. But it's about work.

"I'm so sorry, Hannah, but I need another favor. I was supposed to head over to the H Continent hotel to meet with the Alpha of the Crescent Pack. They're in the process of expanding the resort there, and M Corp. is considering investing in the project. I was tasked with assessing the potential risks associated with the investment. Could you please go in my place?"

"Sure, no problem," I type back, relief washing over me. Rae couldn't have asked for my help at a better time. With her request, I can put some much-needed distance between Alex and me. And this time, I'm determined that nothing will change that.

I kiss Bee goodbye, my heart swelling with gratitude for her unwavering support, before heading home to pack for the trip. With trembling fingers, I manage to book a flight for this evening, a sense of urgency propelling me forward. I need to escape, to put as much distance between myself and the searing pain of Alex's betrayal as possible.

As I arrive at the resort, the breathtaking beauty momentarily stuns me, a balm to my battered soul. I quickly check into my room, desperate for solitude, but the walls seem to close in on me, suffocating me with memories. I flee to the beach, seeking solace in the vast expanse of sand and sea.

I kick off my shoes, relishing the warm, gritty caress of the sand against my skin as I walk along the shore. The rhythmic crash of the waves soothes my frayed nerves, and I close my eyes, breathing deeply, letting the salty air fill my lungs. For a precious moment, I allow myself to forget, to push the anguish to the edges of my consciousness.

But my fleeting peace is shattered by the unmistakable sounds of moans carried on the breeze. My brows knit together in confusion as my eyes flutter open, widening in shock at the sight before me. Just a few feet away, two werewolves were having sex, oblivious to any potential onlookers.

I've heard whispers about the Crescent pack's free-spirited ways and their disregard for societal norms, but seeing it firsthand leaves me reeling. Heat rises to my cheeks, a mixture of embarrassment and indignation. How can they be shameless and unconcerned about others stumbling upon their intimate moment?

Lost in my thoughts, I barely register the hot breath against my skin until a husky whisper invades my space. "Would you like to join them?"

"What?" I spin around, my heart leaping into my throat as I come face to face with the owner of that sultry voice. My breath catches, my pulse quickening at the sight of him. He's a work of art with piercing blue eyes, tousled dirty blond hair, and full, sensual lips. The kind of face that could make any woman weak in the knees.

A smirk tugs at the corner of his mouth as he notices my blatant appreciation, and I quickly compose myself, mortification burning through me.

"You should definitely join them. You need to let off some steam," he purrs, his hand reaching out to brush my shoulder.

Anger flares within me, white-hot and indignant. How dare he make such a presumptuous, inappropriate suggestion? I slap his hand away, my voice sharp as I snap, "Don't touch me!"

Undeterred, he steps closer, closing the gap between us, his eyes glinting with a predatory hunger. "Or would you prefer it was with me?" he murmurs, his hand reaching for my shoulder once more.

Before I can even think, my hand flies up, the sharp crack of my palm against his cheek ringing out like a gunshot. He recoils, his tongue darting out to lick the trickle of blood from the corner of his mouth.

"She's feisty too," he chuckles, his eyes gleaming with a mixture of amusement and challenge as he gazes at me.

Disgust churns in my stomach, and I shake my head, turning on my heel to storm away. He may be the definition of a Greek god, but he's also the most audacious, perverted creep I've ever encountered.

As I put distance between us, my heart races, a tangle of emotions swirling within me - anger, humiliation, and a traitorous flicker of attraction that I quickly quash. I came here to escape the chaos of my life, not to be propositioned by a stranger on the beach.

I wrap my arms around myself, suddenly feeling exposed and vulnerable, the weight of my troubles crashing down on me once more. Tears prick at the corners of my eyes, but I blink them back furiously, refusing to let them fall. I won't let Alex's betrayal break me. I won't let this encounter shatter the fragile remnants of my composure.

With a shaky breath, I square my shoulders, determined to salvage what's left of this trip, to find the strength within myself to move forward, no matter how much my heart aches. I won't let the actions of selfish, thoughtless men define me or dictate my path. I am more than the pain they've inflicted, and I will rise above it, even if it means facing the world alone.