Continuation of What It Means To Annotate: Examples Below P14

Start from the beginning

81: 103rd diary entry annotated.
Thursday, September 8, 1859
I slipped out late last night. (6 words)
Came out to write in my diary. (7 words)
I heard a twig snap. (5 words, ooo)
Someone was coming. (3 words, good instinct)
I called to see who it was. (7 words, also good instinct) Missy answered, asking, "What you doing out here?" (8 words, what a snoopy girl.)
I was sitting on my diary. (6 words, clever way to hide it currently.)
I told her it was too hot to sleep, so I'd come out to look at the stars. (18 words, a reasonable thought again, it wasn't something Clotee hasn't done before at all, Skylights, so it's not really a lie.) "Why do you always come back here behind the kitchen?" (10 words)
She was digging for a bone. (6 words) "I like it back here. (5 words) I can see the river and the stars." (8 words, who wouldn't like such a view like that?) My hiding place behind the kitchen is no longer safe. (10 words, true)
I have to find a new place, safer, and real soon. (11 words)

82: 104th diary entry annotated.
Friday, September 9, 1859
Since Uncle Heb's been dead, the garden's been looking real pitiful. (11 words) I pulled a few weeds from round the roses. (9 words) But it just aine the same. (6 words, true.) I miss him and sometimes turn round to say something to him, but he's not there. (16 words, but he's in a better place now.) He never will be there, just like Mama. (8 words, Your Mom is also in that better place too.)
Oh, yes, I learned from Mr. Harms that it's around and not 'round. (13 words) It's something and not somethin'. (5 words) I've got more out of Mr. Harms' lesson than I ever did from Miz Lilly. (15 words, of course, an angry short tempered woman is a terrible professor as much as she is a terrible Mom; this kind of person is easily willing to give up. Mr. Harms is more patient, calm and thorough in his teachings.)
But there's something real different about Mr. Harms, and I cain't put it to words yet. (16 words, our first subtext inclusion in an long while.)
He never even looks at me. (6 words)
Treats me like I'm not there. (6 words)

83: 105th diary entry annotated.
Saturday, September 10, 1859
I was digging through some of the trash in Mas' Henley's study, looking for things about abolitionists, and the Underground Railroad. (21 words) Nothing.
I cain't find a thing to help me understand my list of words better. (14 words, perhaps you're searching in the wrong place, Clotee.)
So, when I just wrote F-R-E-E-D-O-M, it still don't show me no picture. (13 words, as I said Freedom is such a broad and subjective word, truly.)
But I'm keeping my eyes open. (6 words, that's not the only thing you should keep open, Clotee. Open your ears to hear too as well.)

84: 106th diary entry annotated.
Sunday, September 11, 1859
Aunt Tee been so sad since she been turned out of the kitchen. (13 words) I would do anything to help make her laugh and be happy again. (13 words)
I guess that's why I did a very foolish thing. (10 words, we all do foolish things sometimes for everyone we do really love not just our romantic partner but family and friends too.)
I went down to her cabin to visit. (8 words)
After we'd talked, I used a stick to scratch writing on the dirt floor. (14 words)
C is for CAT. (4 words)
Before I could blink my eye, Aunt Tee had slapped me so hard I had to hold on to the table to keep from tobbling over. (26 words, Aunt Tee only gave her that warning because Aunt Tee hasn't forgiven herself and released her from her guilt, and she's aware it was a little mean.) Miz Lilly aine never hit me that hard. (8 words, you didn't make her do anything other than what she thought was already ordinary, Clotee.) She rubbed out the letters with her foot. (8 words)
At last, my head stopped swimming and the spots before my eyes cleared up. (14 words) There wasn't no anger in Aunt Tee's eyes, only fear. (10 words, I wouldn't say just fear that's being a little too unnatural, but rather regretful fear.) "Do you know what happen to slaves the mas'er finds out got learnin'?" (13 words)
She whispered sternly. (3 words) I knew they got beaten, or much worse they got sold to the Deep South. (15 words.) I couldn't make her understand that I was trusting her. (10 words)
I knew she wouldn't tell on me. (7 words)
"I don't wanna be trusted," Aunt Tee say, near tears. (10 words, those words are a marker of the guilt Aunt Tee won't forgive herself about it has nothing to do with Clotee or her secrets at all, Skylights.) "Look at what trust got me.
I b'lieved Mas' Henley would do right by me, 'cause I'd done right by him. (21 words, people who feel guilty for themselves instantly turn the rest of the world negative in their eyes, Skylights, and forget that there is actual rights being done to begin with actually be answered within the plantation borders, Skylights.) Not so. Look at me now. (6 words) Trusting got me here. (4 words)
Who teached you, chile?" (4 words)
I was scared to say — and real sorry I'd told her about any of it. (15 words)
I decided to hold back on all the truth. (9 words, God's sign soon but not yet she will actually understand the real reason behind your learning. She's not ready to understand, Clotee that is what Aunt Tee's conversation really means.)
"I teached myself just a few words." (7 words)
Aunt Tee sucked in her breath and clicked her teeth. (10 words) Her face was clouded over with worry. (7 words)
"Don't bring trouble to yo' own front door," she say, biting her lip, the way she did when she was real worried. (22 words, another thing that can actually be quoted it is very equivalent to the phrase "'Don't go looking for trouble.'")
"Don't you tell another living soul that you got this little piece of knowing. (14 words) You hear me?" (3 words)
Never have I been more sure of anything. (8 words) I will not tell another person my secret ever. (9 words)