XXIII

♡-○-♡

The streets are empty, there are stray cats wandering around looking for something to put under their teeth, while all the people are at the market or working.
《Warn me if we are on our way.》
《All right, Alex》
Grandma's house isn't very far from here, and being honest at first I wanted time to pass by faster and didn't want to be in a stranger's arms, but now that I've known him for a little while, I feel a bit similar to this man, after all both of us because of the war we left our heart place, he because of work I because of family but still because of obligation.
《That over there is Grandma's house...》
I point at him, pulling my right arm away from his neck.
《Don't get too unbalanced, or you'll fall and hurt yourself.》
《Nonna! I'm here! 》
I shout towards the direction of Grandma, who was peacefully watering the flowers, when she turns towards me, but as soon as she sees that I'm not alone and that I'm especially not on my own legs, but in the arms of a stranger, she becomes alarmed.
《Carlo! Come here quickly! Quickly! 》
Anxiously calling Uncle Carlo immediately, he rushes out in the blink of an eye.
《What's going on, oh she's back... with visitors...》
He says as soon as he also sees the situation... awkward to say the least.
《Good morning, ma'am, sir. Your granddaughter had a small accident with some ill-intentioned people, and she was paralyzed with fear, I arrived in time to ward off the ill-intentioned people, I would recommend a visit to a doctor as soon as possible. Well I should now return to my duty, if you allow me》.
Says Alex, while handing me over to Uncle Carlo, who had walked towards us while explaining the situation.
《Well, you may leave now, goodbye and see you never again.》
Uncle Carlo replied, unnerved by the presence of the young man in uniform.
《That will have to be seen, Mr. Gasperoni, but I must admit that it intrigues us officers that you have a niece that no one knew about. So I would ask you to register her at the town hall, to avoid future problems. Goodbye.》
With that said, Alex starts walking towards the street we passed by a few minutes ago.
I feel that I'm in for a good lecture from Uncle and also from Grandma. Alex, please come back for me, I beg you!
《Now, Miss, you have a lot of explaining to do, we were about to go to the city hall to report your disappearance, you do understand how serious the situation is and also the scare you got by disappearing from Grandma's sight.》
Uncle scolds me.
《Yes, Uncle is sorry. I'm sorry to you too Grandma, I got lost playing with a child and didn't remember to warn...》
I apologize to everyone, even knowing that I'll be grounded for quite a while....
《Take it easy the important thing is that you're fine, you said a child, you've made a friend, that's great news, one of these days invite him here to the house, so that you play and have fun, and so you can introduce him to us.》
Grandma answers me, she seems to have forgotten that until two minutes ago I was holding a Nazi and that I disobeyed her by moving away from her, but better that way, one less punishment. Since Uncle Carlo's already counts for 3....

♡-○-♡