"Nah it's fine" he sat down beside you and pulled out a postcard "There was a promotion, so I got a free Miku postcard out of it"

He gave it to you to look at, it was a beautiful card, with a high quality Miku on it with a holographic background.

"It's so pretttyyyy" your eyes sparkled as you stared in awe at it

"Y-You can have it..." Niko whispered as he looked away, the slightest blush on his face

"Are you sure??" you asked hesitantly, it was his after all,

"Yea, you're always 01 in my heart..."

"..."

"..."

"Was that a Miku pick-up line-?"

The two of you finished eating and headed out the cafe, giving a small thanks to the workers

"Where to now?" He asked, turning towards you

"Hm... I think there's actually a manga store around here somewhere, there was a new volume I wanted to pick up..."

"Oh, I think I know the one you're talking about... it's this way."

Once you guys got there, your jaw dropped at the sight. Shelves upon shelves of books, new and limited ones in display cases. You thought the cafe had a lot, but no- this one had 6 times as many. And you could buy them too!

You dragged your finger across the spines of the books, walking down the isles, Niko close behind.

You suddenly stopped and pulled out a book, it was the limited edition of your favourite series. "Niko!" you spun around and showed him the book "It's the anniversary special :D" you were going to buy it, until you saw the price... you knew that special volumes may be expensive, but you didn't think they were that much!!

You put the book back into it's place, silently sobbing at the fact you couldn't afford it

"Hm, what's wrong?" he asked you, while watching you shelve it

"It's too expensive... Don't worry, I'll get it one day!" you replied, trying to convince yourself more than him

"Alright... I saw a book over there that seemed interesting, why don't we split up for now, we can meet up in a few minutes."

You gave him a nod, and went back to wandering

After a while, you met Niko at the check out. You had already bought 2 books and it seems that he bought one too.

"Hey Niko! Ready to go?" you got your things and got ready to leave

"Mhm" he hummed as he bagged the book, angling it so you couldn't see the cover

You though, happened to notice, "What did you get?"

He pretended not to hear your question and walked out, waiting for you to follow. You frowned at his lack of a response, but went along anyway

It came the time that you both had to go home, so you two stood at the entrance to the subway station.

"Thank you for coming out with me" he gave you a short bow, blushing slightly. "I got you a gift..." he pulled out the bag from the manga store and presented it to you, "It's the special volume you wanted..."

As you opened the bag, you found that it was indeed the anniversary special. You thanked him, still in awe at the book and gave him a hug "Thank you so much, Niko! You really shouldn't have 🥹"

You pulled out your own bag with the books you bought and handed it to him "These are the only volumes you're missing in your collection, right? 3rd and 8th?"